Thread: Signal symbol on lenovo G560 laptop say no connection

Signal symbol on lenovo G560 laptop say no connection

I had recently brought an lenovo G560 laptop for me, the performance and the result that is been provided by the laptop is one of the best till the last day, but I started facing some of the problem in the network connection of it, the thing is there is a big red color wrong mark on the network connection symbol which is present on the laptop, but the connection sometime it is active and sometime it is not, because of which there is a lot of problem that is faced by me, so can you people help me in coming out from this problem that I am facing.

Re: Signal symbol on lenovo G560 laptop say no connection

Hi there, I just went through your problem that you are facing and I had also faced this kind of the problem in the past and the solution that I used was working for me, so I think that it must work for you also, the thing that I had done is I went to the device manager, which was in the laptop, there I located the Ethernet card which was present in it, I saw that a cross was present on it, so I just deleted the card from the list and I restarted the laptop and again checked the status of the card. If it is normal then the thing will work fine otherwise you have to do the same thing again and again till the right thing is not occurred in it. Also if the thing is not getting removed from the laptop then it may happen that you have to re configure the connection that is present in it.

I am also facing this kind of the problem in my DELL Latitude D620 laptop, as I had recently put a new power jack in my laptop and everything worked fine in it except the wireless connection does not work fine in it as I try to connect it to the internet it gives me error that the radio is disabled. When I try to enable it the problem is that it is unable to save the setting in it and go back to the previous section of disabled value. I have noticed that the wireless switch which is on the side of the laptop seems to be very loose and the LED does not light up also. I tried going to the wireless utility and enabling it but I still get the error that says it is disabled. It is also recognized in my device manager and it says it is working properly, but in reality it is not working in a proper manner.

I was also facing the same problem as you my friend is been facing in the Dell laptop, but mine it is in the Sony vaio one, I think that this is the standard problem that all the laptop manufacturers have and till now they have not set it right. As I tried my level best to overcome the problem, I found out that the updates that are happening in the laptop regarding the software and other thing there was an entry in my register which was leading to this kind of the problem in it. The registers are HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Now once you have found any of the entries in the laptop of yours you will have to remove the register from it and see that it does not come in the laptop again.

Hey the thing that you have mentioned in the above section is partly right about the error here I am not talking about the solution but the thing that you have mentioned in it, the solution that you have provided in it may work and some time will not work in it, hence this is a bug in the windows Xp, which is not yet solved in the process and most of the people are using this kind of the operating system and facing the problem in it, I have specifically noticed that the problem is present in the service pack 3 which ones you have installed then it creates the problem in it

As I had most of the people having this kind of the problem, I just found out that most of the laptops have both a hardware switch and a software switch for wireless internet connection. On a sony vaio, when I had asked to do troubleshoot, at that particular time the software switch was off. The control of the wireless connection is seen in the bottom of the wireless desktop which is on the right hand side of the desktop that is placed in it. I have also found out that the control of the Sony Vaio is present in such a way that it is very difficult to be notified also it took a long time to uncover the problem.