Thread: Top Web Based Email Services.

Top Web Based Email Services.

Hi I am a newbie and I am planning to make email accounts to mail and message friends and family. So I would like to know which are the top most web based email applications. Also which is the web based email applications that can allow us to check our messages and mails through cell phones. I have also heard that few allow us to make voice calls and also save our conversation for future reference. I am very much excited. Can someone help me please?

re: Top Web Based Email Services.

It is true today many individuals and businesses rely on these E-mail applications. They are not just for checking mails but for many more purposes. And the best part is that they all are free. Depending on your needs, there is a web-based application, which will suit your needs and you will end-up having several e-mail accounts. One of the most popular one being Google’s Gmail. It provides you with unlimited E-mail storage space. It has got one of the simplest Graphical interfaces. And as it uses POP and IMAP protocols, it is possible to view your messages and attachments from your phones. For instant messaging and group chat you can use the GTalk feature. You can also save all your conversation in archive. Gmail's spam filter detects junk and fraud email. It also scans for threats, such as worms and viruses.

You can never forget Yahoo when you are talking about email service. It also provides an unlimited email storage space. Yahoo also provides its user with instant messaging, SMS text messaging etc. You can get all this service at yahoo’s other domains, including ymail.com and rocketmail.com. You can organize your mails in folders in which you can just drag and drop your mails. Yahoo automatically routes spam mails to a "Spam" folder. It has got approximately 15 filters that immediately file incoming mails. Yahoo comes with a security tools which runs scan for viruses.

GMX Mail is another web based email application which provides only 5GB of online email storage unlike its other counterpart which offers unlimited email storage. GMX Mail also comes with folders and filters that can be used to sort emails. It contains some search operators where you can conduct a fast search. Like Google it also uses POP and IMAP protocol. As GMX Mail provides with limited storage for mails, it has got this feature to delete mails by itself. The user should just set up a schedule for the same. You can also set up an Auto-reply. Like if you are un available to respond to any mail then GMX mail will send that person a reply that you are currently unavailable.

Inbox.com also provides its user with only 5GB of online storage. Inbox.com does not support IMAP protocol. It can be accessed only through web or POP in your email program. Inbox.com does not allow you to send email upto 30 MB. It provides you with daily back-up but charges you a fee for doing the same. It also have spam filter to block images from appearing in the messages. You can include notes, file storage, photo galleries, and calendar features in your email.

AIM Mail is one of the top web based email services in the world. AOL’s free email service also has reliable spam protection. HTML can be used to create email message. The user interface is also very simple and easy to understand. Unfortunately Aim Mail does not offer certain features available in Gmail or Yahoo. AIM Mail uses the same protocols as Gmail and Yahoo, POP and IMAP. Thus mobile phone can be used to access your AIM Mail. You can save the instant message in your AIM Mail folders. Unwanted emails are routed to the spam folder. It also offers similar features, like creating auto-replies and blocking remote images from appearing in your email message.