Thread: Is it better switching from TWC to DirecTV?

Is it better switching from TWC to DirecTV?

I am currently having a Time Warner cable with me but for some reason I am not happy with it and now I am planning to switch to DirecTV. But before going forward with DirecTV I have some doubts that should I actually go for it or should I go for some other options. I would like to inform you that I have two TV’s with me one in the living room and the other one is in the bed room. Also the wiring from the wiring center to the rooms is coax. So based on this information can you tell me that is it fine if I go ahead with the DirecTV connection.

Re: Is it better switching from TWC to DirecTV?

I think that there are various aspects with this that you need to check. Some of them are the cost then the picture quality and also the channels that it will support. According to me cost for the first receiver is built in to the cost of the package you choose. And if you go for some more channels then you have to obviously pay more .Also the picture quality in general is very good .So I guess that it is worth if you go ahead with it.

I would say that a lot depends on the mounting the dish. If the dish itself is properly mounted and there is no obstruction that is present in the middle then you will really get a very good view without any worries. I guess the only time you might get unobstructed view is when it rains heavily. But in case if you go ahead with this then do remember that the dish is to be properly mounted and then only you can get a very good quality picture.

Even I am having a similar kind of issue. What I did was that I switched to direct TV from Media Com few days back and now I am not very happy with that? I frequently loose the connections and then for some reason the signals looses for about ten minutes. If you speak about the picture quality then it is better than Media Com. Also cost wise it is a bit better. If you see properly then at full rates after two years the price will be lower than Media Com.

I think that you should get the whole connected home option. For that you need one wire from dish and the other wire should be a dedicated wire to each location that you want. For this you need to go get two HDDVR's. So first of all you need to get those immediately. Also after that this will allow you to download the VOD and search access to YouTube video content. You will also be able to view content from DVR to the other allowing you to record 4 different shows at the same time which might be really helpful to you.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I just had a look at your solutions and feel that they are really useful. I think that switching will be a good idea and feel that I am ready with some of the aspect. To speak about the cost I don’t have much worry about it .What matters the most is that the quality should be good. And as long as the quality is good then I don’t have any issue. So once again I would like to thank you all for your solutions.