Thread: How to replace Cable TV by IPTV?

How to replace Cable TV by IPTV?

I want to know how to replace Cable TV by IPTV. Or can someone give me a solution where a Cable TV can be that internet based? I am planning to remove my normal cable connection for my TV and would like to get a new local DSL connection from my phone company. Also I am looking for something that can go well with my TV like a set top box and access it from a computer to tell it what to download. So can anyone help me on this issue?

Re: How to replace Cable TV by IPTV?

There are quite a few options with which you can go ahead. I think that there are options like the blu ray player. It’s really a good option you can always go for. Also there are some other options like the Google TV or the Apple TV. Even they would be very useful to your cause. So looking around there are really some options that can be useful to you. But there is no problem if you are planning to replace the cable TV by IPTV.

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. I just went through the solution that you have provided and feel that now I have some options available to work with. But I would tell you that I already have streaming net flix. And now I am looking for something like cable which can be handy for me. Also my question is that what I should choose to watch something in real time or record for later and this is to be done using internet and not cable. I think that maybe I need a set top box along with a remote control. And this should be plugged in to router, NAS, and HDMI or component.

According to me there is nothing that is present other than the Google TV or Apple TV. And while saying this I am not very sure that they may be useful to you. So there are very little chances that this might be handy to you. Also speaking ahead I would like to know that do you live in an area where it receives the TV signals through air an antenna. I think that what you can do is get a computer running Windows media center and a TV tuner card and that will provide you a guide and along with the DVR capabilities. So you can try working on it.

I feel that what you are thinking is really a good idea. I went through some of the solutions and also browsed a little to know what it is all about. I feel that you can consider FIOS and U-verse as IPTV. Also there are a few foreign language services that are present with which you can look out for. Also there is a company called as Sezmi which says that they are looking ahead with IPTV but haven’t disclosed when they are actually getting it out.

Thanks a lot for your solutions. I think that a Google TV or a Apple TV might help me. But as stated I just need to find out if they are really useful to me. Also I may look out for FIOS and U-verse as IPTV. But I really hope that something will work for me to fix the issue that I am facing. If anything doesn’t work them I may have to wait for a while till the Sezmi launched their product. So I would once again like to thank you for all your solutions that you have provided me.