Thread: Is Harmony 700 a better remote?

Is Harmony 700 a better remote?

I am looking to buy a new remote and more importantly is should be a rechargeable remote. I just browsed to look for such kind of remote and then found out that there is this Harmony 700 which seems to be good options. Now I just wanted to know that if I go ahead with it then will it be a good buy or I should go with some other option. If yes then which one I should go for. Please reply to these questions immediately as I am looking forward for the answers.

Re: Is Harmony 700 a better remote?

I just had a look at your question and think that the Harmony 700 would be a really good purchase. It is really a very good remote that works very well. According to me the biggest positive of this is that it is rechargeable. Also the screen color is really amazing .What it does is that it just gives you what you need like the icons for your favorite channels as well as the commands you need for the devices you’re using. So I would suggest you that you should really go ahead with this remote.

Yes it would be a very good purchase but like everything even this has some drawbacks. And to list a few they are that the remote doesn’t support another login. It only supports one remote at a time. So you may need to create two accounts say one for the living room remote and the other one for the bedroom remote. Also another drawback is that it can at a time only controls six devices and if you are looking out for something more than six devices then this won’t work.

One more better feature about this remote is that it has a one click activity buttons present with it. So that is again a really good feature. What is does is that it doesn’t not create complicated lists of what to turn on or which button to select. Once you are set up then you just have to select what you want to do. So say that you need to select the Watch a DVD then you just have to click once and then your Harmony does the rest.

I was just looking out to check that are there any more features present and I found out that there is yet another feature that can be useful .And this one is that it helps in guiding online while doing the setup. Here you can just connect your remote to your computer and then you just let the support people know what equipment you have. Then the online software will automatically work for you and then it will take you through every step of the setup process.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. I just had a glance at all the solutions and feel that it is really a worth to buy a new Harmony 700.I feel that there are lots of pros that cons in with this remote and it would be really worthy buying a remote. Some of the features are really amazing and I am certainly looking forward to buy this new remote. So I would once again like to thank you for all your solutions that you have provided me as they have helped me a lot.