Thread: How to make use of TATA DOCOMO internet on laptop

How to make use of TATA DOCOMO internet on laptop

Hello friends I have been using Samsung Galaxy 5 handset from past couple of months and I have been using the TATA DOCOMO card so as to get enable the internet for accessing directly from my phone, but now I would want to know that can I be able to access the same by connecting onto my laptop, since I don’t have a internet connection at my home and I would seriously want to apply the same settings so that I can access the internet directly from my laptop, so please suggest whether this is possible or not and if yes then please suggest the same.

Re: How to make use of TATA DOCOMO internet on laptop

Hey dude why cannot you will surely be able to make use of the GPRS internet on your laptop as well, for that you will be able to first get the Samsung PC suite installed on your laptop and then connect the mobile with the help of the usb cable. Then Go to the control Panel and click on network connection after that you will have to create a new connection. In that you will have to fill in the details and click on next and choose connect to the internet and then again next . Once this is done then you will have to choose connect using to dial-up modem and enter the isp name -Tata along phone number- *99# and finally you will have to click on finish once you have done.

Well although this thing is possible but I think that it won’t be of any use since you will not get the desired speed that you might be looking for. The internet speed from the GPRS connection is of low density bandwidth that will really take a long time for each and every page to load. Sometimes you will not get the page to load as well so what I would suggest that it is better if you avoid it and look for something better that will provide more speed.

Hey I think that you will even have to get some more settings done before you move on to get more of the settings done, you will have to first go to the control panel, then select phone and modem option. After this you will have to go to dialing rules and will have to fill the country and the region which you belong to and click on Ok. Also after that you will have to click on the modem properties and fill in the details and click on Ok and then you will be able to get connected easily.

Thank you so much guys for providing the solutions that are necessary for making this mobile internet to work along with my laptop as well, I have perfectly followed all the steps and was able to get the internet to access from the laptop as well, although the speed is on a bit slow side but then also I think that it would be better for those who cannot afford to get the internet connection done at their home.