Thread: How to revert back to older version from Mozilla Firefox 4?

How to revert back to older version from Mozilla Firefox 4?

I recently heard a lot about the new Mozilla Firefox 4 so I downloaded and installed it on my Windows XP running system. But sorry to say, I did not like the look and feel of the new version. I was unable to figure out its functions and thus feel unsatisfactory. Can anyone suggest how can I roll back to my older version of Firefox? Or else I would have to try other Internet Browsers. Suggestions would be appreciated. Please Help!!

Re: How to revert back to older version from Mozilla Firefox 4?

I would suggest you to do system restore if you want to revert back to your older version of Mozilla Firefox. It is easy to do so. First, click the Start button in the taskbar on the bottom left of the screen. Now move the mouse over the All Programs, then Accessories and finally on the System Tools. There click on the System Restore. A new window will appear. Choose the date and time to which you wish to roll back your system (in your case before the time you updated to Mozilla Firefox 4). Restart the computer when prompted. Remember that all the applications or updates installed after the date chosen to restore to, will be lost. Good Luck.

I would suggest you to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox you wish to install and install it. Before installing that make sure you uninstall the older installed files of Mozilla Firefox 4. To uninstall the Mozilla Firefox 4, navigate to the following path: Start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs. Or you can go to Run and type “Appwiz.cpl” (without quotes) and press enter. In both the cases a new window will appear with a list of all the applications installed in your system. Choose the Firefox 4 and click on the remover button on the right side of the name of the application. Make sure that no instance of the Mozilla Firefox 4 is on. After the Un-installation is completed, you can install the version you wish to install.

The above solutions are also right but I would suggest you to remove all the Firefox personal data and customization to avoid future problems. Cross check that no files are left in the installation folder. Restart the computer whenever prompted. Also once you are done installing the older version, I would suggest you to turn off the automatic update feature of Firefox (in case if it is enabled). It may happen that the older version of Firefox may disable some of the add-ons, so it would be better if you replace them with the one suitable for your current version of Firefox.

Hey all you guys, thanks a lot for your suggestions. They were very much useful. I liked the way you guys guide by giving step by step procedure. I am very much happy getting the older Firefox back. I find it more attractive and comfortable then the Firefox 4. I am looking forward for helps from the forum for my future queries. Please keep doing the job of helping people like us. Thanks again.