Thread: Why windows 7 is not utilizing the maximum Verizon Fios Speed?

Why windows 7 is not utilizing the maximum Verizon Fios Speed?

The internet service that I use in my office is of Verizon Fios and it is a business account, the speed that it provides is 35Mbps down/35Mbps up. This is the ideal thing that I should be getting, in my office there are five system from which two are the Linux web server and three are windows 7 machines, when I ran the speed test on this machines the result were as follows, in the Linux web servers I got the speed of 35.xMbps down/15Mbps+ up constantly as it was expected because the upload speed is always lower than the download speed, as this was not worrying me, the thing I am afraid of is of the windows 7 the result that is provided by the speed test I was getting the speed of 22.xMbps/15.xMbps, the thing is that I have read a lot of reviews about the windows 7 and I am hoping that it shouldn’t create any of the problem in it. As the speed that was showed in the windows 7 is considerable low.

re: Why windows 7 is not utilizing the maximum Verizon Fios Speed?

Hi there, the internet browsing speed can be reduced by many of the factors like processor speed, the amount of the variable available and also the computer configuration variable. Also the amount of the application that is present in the computer at a single variable time can slow down the speed of the internet. As you have connected the computers in the connection form so some of the source of the internet is been used there, also see that the connection of the small network that you have done should be done in such a way that no resources are getting wasted or stored in any of the components in the network.

I too was having the similar kind of the problem, in my computer. As I had given a call to the customer care of the Verizon internet service provider, they were unable to solve the problem which I was facing in it. When I seen that I was not getting any of the help from them, I just thought of going in the internet for some of the help, as I was searching for the help I just came across some of the utility that helped me in getting the thing solved in some extend. The main issue that I felt was in the PC configuration which was not set properly. Also with some help of the forums that were present they provided some of the solution in it also that helped me a lot in it.

Hello there, I just went through the site to find some solution for the problem that I am facing but I couldn’t find any of the solution for it, so I am just hoping that there will be some help from this site as it the one which provide all the solution for the problem, the problem that I am facing is in the Verizon internet services, I was using a certain plan for al long time, but now I recently change the plan to a higher version in such a way that it will provide me with maximum performance of the internet services, the new package that I am talking about is 25/15MB package, when I connect an Laptop having an windows xp operating system in it, the speed that I am getting is around 13/13mb. But it is even worst in the windows 7 as it provide me with 200KB/11MB. I am not sure why this problem is been happening in the computer of mine. So please help me in this thing.

Are you using the internet explorer to surf the internet, just give a try using some other browser and check that is the problem is been still remaining in it. Also it is better that you upgrade the network card drivers from a genuine source, as the older one can create the problem in it, if the problem is still present in it then try to boot the computer in the safe mode with networking and check the issue is still present or not. The steps for booting in the safe mode is been provided bellow; restart the computer, while it is getting restarted press the f8 key continuously, once you have done this then see that various option will be provided, then select the option of the safe boot with networking and go ahead in the starting process, this will help you in having the computer in the basic mode.