Thread: Lost basic browser feature in Firefox 4

Lost basic browser feature in Firefox 4

I just installed the new Mozilla Firefox 4 on my desktop machine and I am unable to figure out few things on this new version of firefox browser. First of all I would like to know that how can I have tabs under URL line. Another thing is a Refresh button and I wish to have a status bar up at the bottom of browser. According to me these all changes are not much useful as it was great as it was in older versions. Please help me to make browser normal like older one.

Re: Lost basic browser feature in Firefox 4

On Firefox, the "Update" button is only useful if the page has finished loading. Instead of that, the "stop loading" is used only during the page load, meaning that it was always one of two buttons that serves no purpose. They can therefore be "combined" to save space (this is what they did for future Firefox 4). Handling is very easy. Invert the two buttons in the toolbar. Right-click an empty spot on the interface, then "customize". A window with the various optional buttons appear: do not touch it. By cons, on the Firefox interface, the elements are now removable. Simply swap the two buttons "refresh" and "stop".

The Firefox interface contains element with names. The stop button is called "# stop-button" and the refresh button "# reload-button. The first line that the "stop" button is not displayed (display: none) if it is disabled. The second line lets just display the stop button only if used (it is thus enabled). The last line is used to hide the button "reload" only when the stop button is activated, and there will always be a single button displayed. If we reverse the order of buttons is that the userChrome.css file is encoded in a language (CSS) which allows only target elements that follow other and not above that. By reversing the elements, we can target the button "reload" as the stop button, and that's what we want.

In this new version of Firefox, we can count five major improvements at the interface:

• The tabs go above the address bar, to facilitate the reading of websites
    • One button "firefox" button at the top left of the browser provides centralized access to all menus and submenus
    • Another button on the top right of the browser allows him to find links previously archived.
    • The address bar now has a refresh button / stop to refresh pages or to stop loading easily.
    • A button now home to the right of the search bar

Firefox 4, several innovations have emerged in the tabs. Among them, the setting pin tabs or "Iconification. This feature allows you to store commonly used tabs at the top of the browser and so you can access with a single click. The procedure is simple, simply right click on the tab and then enable the option pin that tab. Be careful however not to add too many sites because they run continuously and can slow your computer! In case you want to put order in a jungle of tabs, the tool "Panorama" is then particularly useful. This allows them to organize, the title and move them totally free. To launch "Panorama", just click on the icon or tab groups then right click on any tab and choose "Move to the group."