Thread: Firefox 4 Beta 6 crashes Graphics Card constantly

Firefox 4 Beta 6 crashes Graphics Card constantly

I've been using Firefox as version 4 Beta 3 and I had not any actual problems with this or Beta 4 or 5. When I upgraded to Beta 6 I observed that the graphics card crash constantly, no matter what the site was or what I was doing at the site. Every time show the message: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. The NVIDIA Display Driver for Windows kernel mode driver and 258.96 editions arrested. reacting and has recovered fruitfully. Why Firefox is causing this?

Re: Firefox 4 Beta 6 crashes Graphics Card constantly

I was freezing and the graphics driver crashes through the 1.9.0 branch (which is Firefox 3.0) and on a specific machine with a NVIDIA GeForce older. What helped me was to decrease the hardware acceleration through one notch. The errors report that was presented resolved (as expected) are not valid, but perhaps this simple solution to help with their problems at the moment, too (even a couple of generations of cards below). I did not notice any significant loss of performance with this step at this time.

As a different wild presume, 4.0b6 corresponds with allowing "Direct2d" graphics [D2D] by default, which changes the way how to represent the sources. You can turn off in about: config, search gfx.direct2d.disabled and double-click it to put it in "true" (i.e., immobilize D2D). Reboot and see if there is any difference (you should see a different screen font style as a minimum effect). If it will help you then it will fine.

I am observing this with my Radeon, AMD, with the catalyst drivers on Windows 7 11.2 x64. I never had saw this difficulty before, but I lately upgraded my video card (a GeForce 9800 GTX card series Radeon HD 6900), around the time I upgraded to Firefox 4.0b11 4.0b12. The driver accident only happens occasionally for me, and generally at what time I run Firefox just after boot up. Unfortunately, I am not able to solve this so please provide me any better solution.

I think you have to upgrade the driver that was come out in the month of October 2010. It runs among “NVIDIA GrForce 305M/310M/320M/325M/330M/350M/360M”. Version: 260.99. Device Manager may be say it is edition 8.17.12.6099. If you do not have that version in Device Manager then search on the net and download it. You can found it easily on any official site on net. And then report to me on the same forum. I am sure after upgrading the driver your problem will solve.