Thread: Don't want icons of bookmark toolbar in Firefox 4

Don't want icons of bookmark toolbar in Firefox 4

I have a series of bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar. Nearly all of them fit in Firefox 3, but now Firefox 4 has been trapped in unwanted icons results in the majority of favorites are not showing! I don’t want these icons! I just wish to have my favorite! How do I get rid of unwanted icons? In addition, I used to gain access to additional markers toolbar (which would not fit on the toolbar), click on the right side. How about all I can get is ALL markers and I cannot get the extra! I waited for 40 minutes in the live chat only to be fired with no answer available, try another answer.

Re: Don't want icons of bookmark toolbar in Firefox 4

You just nee to use one add on with the Mozilla Firefox 4 on your machine which lets you get rid of this problem. The name of an Add on is Deiconizer Bookmarks which is a Firefox extension that these symbols removed from the toolbar! Forever! This add on has been made if you have many bookmarks in your bookmark toolbar? Find the folder favicons and images take a lot of unnecessary space? Well no more worries now, Just install the Deiconizer Bookmarks from an official website of Firefox Add ons.

I will not take you the fun and enjoy the colorful bookmarks, but you should also remember that the flood of colorful images:

• Leads to a significantly greater bookmark file. Thus, a bookmark needs of the "Spiegel.de" without pictures 185 bytes and 2072 bytes with pictures. (The images are encoded in BASE64)
    • Since the start of the bookmarks in Firefox to load the boot time is delayed with increasing LZ file.
    • The bookmarks will be loaded entirely in main memory and a larger (sometimes critical) memory problem of Fx.

Of course the "few bytes" in the storage capacity of hard drives is no longer the problem, but at the start of the Fx and the main memory requirements, hinder a few hundred or a thousand (s) bookmarks markedly.

Bookmark management is provided with the 3 version on a different basis. Thus, the data in a SQLite database and manages it may be that a Firefox installation with a few hundred bookmarks affected neither the start nor affects the memory consumption. To me it is of course no matter how someone's memory zunagelt, but I am very sure that many people complaining about the memory of hunger Fx omit and / or * have to contend with, can do without the (useless) icons. But anyway, and just - I just wanted to show that even this coin has two sides.