Thread: How to Uninstall Beta version of Firefox 4

How to Uninstall Beta version of Firefox 4

I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell laptop and it works life a button on a hot plate. Default browser on this machine is a Mozilla Firefox which has nothing wrong in it. But recently I got a pop up from some website to upgrade the version of my firefox to the 4th one. I thought why not, I began installing the new version but as soon as installation got completed. I realized that it was a Firefox 4 Beta version which I don't want to use at all. I wouldn't have installed it if I was aware about beta version. Please help me!

Re: How to Uninstall Beta version of Firefox 4

Firefox 4 full version has been released now. But you just need to go inside the Control Panel of you win7 laptop and then in programs -> hardware to find Firefox in the Programs list, Now click on an uninstall. In the absence of the above suggestions, you can use the system restore function. Can be found in a different place depending on the OS you are running. To find this feature, simply open the Control Panel and type "System Restore" in the search bar at the top right of the window. Once opened, just select a restore point that predates the BETA FF4.0 installation.

More than one version of Firefox to start, every instance to a custom profile and another startup parameter (-no-remote) is called to be. That when you install the beta a separate (empty) directory should be specified, well of course. One possibility would be 3.x profile to clone an existing one, the beta will start to order. But this is a rather reckless way, as this is the danger that an extension of their configuration data in the 'wrong' profile stores and destroyed area may result. Therefore, it is certainly better coincide with a new, clean profile to begin empty one. To conveniently specify a specific profile versions with different start now can simply create a shortcut for each instance, aims to be executed. Exe along with path and parameters specified in the.

Example:

• Firefox 3.x
    • "C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox \ firefox.exe"-p Profil3x-no-remote
    • Firefox 4.x
    • "C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox 4.0 \ firefox.exe"-p Profil4x-no-remote

There's the thing! Firefox 4 is out now. Really as a final version. I only say: install and have fun - what new in Firefox 4 is, I had once been touched. All are now benefiting from FirefoxSync , before an extension was indeed necessary. Here again the official download links for Firefox 4 Firefox 4 for Windows , Firefox 4 for Linux and Firefox 4 for Mac OS X . Do not forget: the portable version. This you can take as always easy to try out extensions and stuff that do not wish to "leave ran" her to your installed Firefox. Also ideal for use on the USB stick: Download Portable Firefox 4 . Have fun!

The one who says I have the FF4 final parallel (via the profile manager: new profile, etc.) adapted to the old install and then the shortcuts on the desktop. has so far everything went well but, strangely enough, I now always get the page "Firefox4.com is for sale now! I do not think that the finished version! Thanks for your interest in Firefox 4 full version but I have checked about the same on their releasing url which says that We are not quite finished yet Firefox qualifying fourth You should check out the latest Release Candidate. When we're all done with Firefox 4 it will show up on Firefox.com

It really does not convince me of fire fox. And I was a fan of it, since zero-point-X version, as it still was called Firebird. FF 4.0 under the hood still looks like 3.6.x. Faster? - Yes! Beautiful? Okay But this can surely not be the only criteria, can the competition too. What is now out of sync really new? The tab grouping is Dummfug probably just undocumented also because there are no benefits to explain it could / should, also slightly buggy...So I think from now on IE9 11.x and Opera - Opera in More of course, although even with Adobe Flash IE9 Square 64bit Flash plugin runs quite well with me.

I have gone through the beta version of the Firefox 4 and seems like not everything is perfect ... This is as shown in the installation that Delicious and Adobe no longer compatible, Frame Network and quick java ... Almost every time you have updates to the problems that any application can not run and you can see how it works again ... For beginners, I look after is the real corrosive ...

So the installation is no problem in Windows 7 (32 and 64). - However, like Firefox, the certificate problems, especially when passing the IE8 still in use. I myself have already visited several sites on the net, to solve these problems received certificate where it is working but still no solution is found, the browser's security-related functions without having to switch off (and this is probably not the intention). If you setup in the crash, download the file again. Should it always be problems with the setup, now check your hard drive, whether any data errors are stored the downloaded there.