Thread: Firefox 4 beta 9 crashes before starting up on linux 5.4

Firefox 4 beta 9 crashes before starting up on linux 5.4

I recently getting problem with my Firefox web browser. Earlier I had Firefox beta 8 version in my machine it was working very perfectly. I thought to upgrade it to new version. I updated to beta 9 version. It properly installed but the problem is that when I click to open the Firefox web browser it does not open. I am using Red Hat Linux 5.4 operating system. I get a error saying that GLIBCXX not found. So, Is here any method to keep the compatibility of beta 8, which works fine? Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Firefox 4 beta 9 crashes before starting up on linux 5.4

From my point of views friend there is problem of compatibility of the operating system. First make sure that you have not downloaded any bad file. So I would suggest you to uninstall it once and download the fresh copy of the Firefox 4 beta 9 version from the official web site of Firefox. Keep in mind that you are downloading the firefox for the Rad hat Linux 5.4 operating system. Earlies you might be using the window firfox. So try this. I think It would work for you my friend. In any other issue please let me know.

I have similar kind of the problem fried only the difference is that I am using windows 7 operating system. I have been using Firefox since many years. Now I upgraded my Firefox to latest version say Firefox 4 beta 9 version. I found that my Firefox randomly crash without any reason. I get the error display driver not responding. So friend I think this would be the problem with you also. Still I am looking for the best solution to. Hope I would get the solution on this forum. If anyone familiar with this type of problem please let me know.

Hello, friend, I also having this type of problem. I am at present using Firefox 4. Beta 7,with Windows 7. I was getting similar error each time I attempt to open it. I have updated my NVIDIA driver in my Dell laptop. Still I am receiving steady crashes when running particularly YouTube video. What is the problem I don’t know. Everything is working fine with older version. I think there is problem in the newly released version of the Firefox. So I uninstalled it and install the Firefox 4b8 version again. I am happy with it.