Thread: How to change the language of the Menu-bar?

How to change the language of the Menu-bar?

I got to know that Mozilla Firefox 4 launched a while back so I installed Firefox. And to my surprise it recognized that I live in France. After installing the setup file I realized that it has made the menu-bar in French. But I wish to get the menu-bar in other language (English, German or any). How can I change this to the language I desired of? What should I do? Somebody Please Help!!

Re: How to change the language of the Menu-bar?

I am not sure whether this will help you or not. But you can give it a shot anyways. Start your Firefox, then go to Tools >> Options, and click the "Content" tab. There you will find a section called Languages (usually its third section) and a button for "Choose". Click that. New window will open. In the new window, where it says, "Select a language to add", click the down arrow. Scroll down to the language you want to add. And click Add. Don’t forget to move the language you have just added to the top of the 'order of preference' list in that window. Hope it helps u.

Sorry to say, but unfortunately these steps you mentioned above don't change the language of Firefox menus and titles but instead they change the display language of the web pages. It does not changes the overall look of the browsers. I am still wondering how there is no tab for language select on my Firefox tools option. I want to change it to English. Someone please help me out. This thing is frustrating me now.

I also faced the same problems few days back and found this solution. But I would warn you before itself that this thing can work for few and cannot for others. Also it is a bit risky. It may corrupt your files. You will yourself get this warning message when you try it. Choice will be yours. Start your Mozilla Firefox and type about:config in the URL and press Enter. Search for the line “general.useragent.locale” and change the value to en-US (or the language you wish to). This did the trick for me. Try your Luck.

You can also try doing the following thing. First remove the Mozilla Firefox installed in your system. Go to the Start menu of your taskbar. Go to the Control Panel and set the Location on Control Panel/Regional and Language options to United State (if you need all Menu bar in English or if you want any other language than select any other location of your choice). Now download Firefox of your desired language from the official Mozilla website and finally install it. This will surely work. Enjoy!!