Thread: Java Environment works in administrator but not in standard user - Firefox 4.0

Java Environment works in administrator but not in standard user - Firefox 4.0

I am working on a Windows XP PC system where I am using Firefox 4.0. There are some web sites which I want to use. For this purpose, it is asking me to install Java Plug-in. As I have login from a standard user account I was unable to install it on my system. Also, when I accessed it from Administrator it was working fine. But, again when I login from my standard user it gives the same error on the same system from where I had logged on. Is there any possibility by which I can use or run gamehouse website from my standard user account?

Re: Java Environment works in administrator but not in standard user - Firefox 4.0

The JRE (Java Runtime Environment) contains the plug-in you have to install which is available on their website. Before that, uninstalling of previous plug-ins is recommended before installing the new one. For this, download the latest version of JRE which will be listed out at their website. Run this setup files from where you have downloaded it. When you have completed your installation it will installed in your C drive or where your windows is being install.

Re: Java Environment works in administrator but not in standard user - Firefox 4.0

For operating on any files or software you need to have certain privileges. For that purpose you are given a standard user accounts and a administer account. Administrator is the person or an individual who has more rights than the standard users. That is the case that administrator login works in installation or removing of the software. He/she has the privileges to use various files and software and not the standard user.

Having master password is good while you are using confidential information like email and net banking. One should take proper care in looking out for private and confidential information. This password is more important as you bearer of your PC system should have access to it. No matter whatever you access and created profile on whatsoever websites it is your duty to stay protected. I would recommend you have a master password which may be beneficial to you.