Thread: How to remove "bookmarks toolbar" & "bookmarks menu" in Mozilla Firefox 4?

How to remove "bookmarks toolbar" & "bookmarks menu" in Mozilla Firefox 4?

I have never being great fan of the bookmarks toolbar in any browser I use. The first thing I wanted to do in Mozilla Firefox was to remove it. According to me excessive toolbars in the browser decreases the amount of viewing area which is annoying for few peoples like me. Call me old fashioned, but for me it is just waste of space and viewing area. So can anyone help me in removing the “bookmarks toolbar” and also the “bookmarks menu”?

Re: How to remove "bookmarks toolbar" & "bookmarks menu" in Mozilla Firefox 4?

We both think the same way in response to the bookmarks toolbar. It’s just the waste of space. But I personally don’t feel that bookmarks menu can be removed from Mozilla. But I found a way to do so recently. Firefox add-ons named "Sidebar Bookmark Selector Version History 2.1" did it perfectly for me. Or you can also use another add-on named “Hide Menubar”. Hope it does the trick for you also.

Dude I can help you in removing the bookmark toolbar with the way I did it for myself. Here is how you can remove toolbars in Firefox. Click the View menu. A drop-down will occur. Select Toolbars (which is mostly the first option). Then select the bookmarks toolbar. Check it if you want to enable the bookmarks toolbar or uncheck it if you don’t wish to see it on your window. Enjoy!!

There is one more way to hide the bookmarks toolbar. Alternatively, you can right click on some areas of the toolbars and get the toolbar selection menu. It’s the same menu that appears after you do View>>Toolbars. You can directly select which toolbars you want and which you don’t require. Bookmarks menu can be removed only when we uncheck the Menu Bar option after doing the View>>Toolbars thing. The only trouble while removing the Bookmarks menu is that we have to remove the entire Menu Bar to do so.

Everyone, Thanks for your suggestions. I found all the suggestions to be very useful. Seriously, the bookmarks toolbar was annoying. I also realized that it was not possible to remove the bookmarks from the menu by using the above solutions. Hope someone comes up with some suggestions to remove the bookmarks menu from sidebar. More suggestions will surely be appreciated.

Hey you can remove the “Bookmarks menu” from the sidebar easily. You just need to following steps. Select View from the Main Menu bar on top of the frame. Then place your curser over the sidebar option. By doing that another drop-down menu comes. You can check the bookmarks option to make the bookmarks menu in the sidebar visible or just uncheck it to make it invisible. Or just try the Ctrl + b. It will make the bookmarks menu visible at the sidebar if it’s not there and vice-versa.