Thread: Missing Organize Bookmarks feature in Mozilla Firefox 4?

Missing Organize Bookmarks feature in Mozilla Firefox 4?

I was using Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.10 morning and today morning I found out that a newer version is available. So I downloaded and installed the latest version of Mozilla Firefox today. I had saved few bookmarks in my earlier version so was searching for the Organize Bookmarks option. To my surprise it was missing. I wasn’t able to find it anywhere. Can any1 tell me whether this option is removed from the latest version or there is problem with my browser only?

Re: Missing Organize Bookmarks feature in Mozilla Firefox 4?

I haven’t installed the latest version of Mozilla Firefox yet but I don’t think Mozilla would take this risk of removing one of its best features. It seems like you have installed a corrupted setup. Try downloading the setup from the official site of Mozilla and then install it in your system. Check for virus before doing so. Or check whether any addons or plug-ins are causing the “Organize Bookmarks” to go missing.

It seems that you are missing the Bookmark features. Why won’t anyone, as they are the links to our favorite websites and make it easy for us to get back to those websites. Don’t worry. "Organize Bookmarks" in Firefox 3.6.10 has been replaced by "Show All Bookmarks" in the new Firefox 4. Or you can simply try Ctrl + Shift + b shortcut key to open organize bookmarks.

Thanks for the above solution. It really helped me out. And I already scanned my system with no results. Anyways I have got another set of problems now. I discovered that Firefox has apparently lost few of my old bookmarks that I stored in the previous version of my Mozilla Firefox. So is it possible that I can get them back or restore them by any means?? Please Help. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your post Henryosa. Excactly the info I was looking for.

In a very rare case, some of your previously saved bookmarks are missing after upgrading to Firefox 4 from Firefox 3.6.10. This may happen if your bookmarks database file has got corrupted. If you lost your bookmarks within the last five days, you can easily restore them from the set of backups that Firefox maintains. Follow these instructions to do so. Bookmarks >> Organize Bookmarks >> Library >> Import and Backup >> Restore. Restore your bookmarks to the desired date. You will lose all changes to your bookmarks that occurred after the date you select.