Thread: Firefox 4 displays titlebar on Ubuntu Linux

Firefox 4 displays titlebar on Ubuntu Linux

I am really frustrated by this new feature of Firefox 4 on Ubuntu. However it is not possible me to remove the title bar. Furthermore I couldn’t able to put the tams in titlebar like we do in Google chrome. I thought that this new Firefox 4 will be more stylish than its previous version and also from other web browsers. But I was really disappointed by seeing this new feature. The scroll bars in ubuntu version is also not good enough.

Re: Firefox 4 displays titlebar on Ubuntu Linux

I think that in order to get rid of the title bar from the Ubuntu version of Firefox 4 then you will need to hack it anyhow. Otherwise I don’t think that there will any other method or patch or may be theme for Firefox 4 now. I heard that you need to modify the userChrome.css file. If you search on the internet you will get several modified file for free download. Otherwise you need to try the older versions themes. They will work sometime even in any version of Firefox.

If you be fond of how Chrome shows the window controls then to the tabs and would like this within Firefox, you'll be happy to know it's fairly simple to accomplish. For this you have to download the Ambiance and Orta Stylish themes. With this theme you will get window controls by the side of Firefox menu and no titlebar for maximized Firefox. Unmaximized windows will at rest have the usual titlebar and buttons. By the use of Stylish, you'll as well obtain those buttons to put together through Ambiance with Orta GTK themes. Unluckily for the moment these are the barely two styles obtainable as a result if you utilize a dissimilar theme, the buttons won't deference GTK theme.

Hide Caption Titlebar Plus (HCTP) is a Firefox expansion you can make use of to obtain the tabs within the titlebar (fairly). What the add-on does is show minimize/maximize/close controls by the side of the tabs which you have opened and by the use of Compiz you can get rid of the maximized screen titlebar and obtain "tabs inside the tilebar". If you're making use of the Elementary theme, there’s presently a pleasant Elementary HCTP theme (method) to set off through it.

I think that you can make use of an application named "maximus" which will conceal every one of window decorations and auto maximizes all release windows. Afterward the tabs would come into view to be on top of the title bar. Except please ensure you have somewhat similar to gnome-window buttons installed, or else, there is no manner you can utilize these window controls. If you can get any other option then also you can go for it.

I don’t think that the Firefox 4 for Ubuntu lacking in feature. Not only the Ubuntu version, are all other versions fully loaded with several features and several options. If the Mozilla has included the title bar with windows control then there obviously an option to change or disable the title bar according to your needs. Other than this you can download many extensions or add-ons to modify the interface of the Firefox 4.