Thread: How to delete Firefox to get away from password safe

How to delete Firefox to get away from password safe

Once I had used the option of creating master password using Firefox. As it asked me to use master password, so I have created it as it asked me to. Now I want to remove it as it is giving me some problems. While connecting it through my user-name and password it is not accepting as I have entered correct password before. For this purpose do I need to remove Firefox or will I be able to get round in other way. So may I know that using it would create any problem or how it is possible to remove master password using Firefox.

Re: How to delete Firefox to get away from password safe

Following are the ways by which you can by change your password:
    Step 1: Go to Tools
    Step 2: Select Option
    Step 3: Click on Security or password
    Step 4: Change Master Password
    Step 5: Now you will get to change the password

If you have lost or do not remember your password or want to disable the feature, then reset your master password. To remove all passwords related data do resetting which will remove all password information from passwords manager. For this, you have to enter “\\pippki\content\resetpassword.xul” in the address bar. And then you can click on reset. In this way you will reset your entire password stored into your password manager. Hope this would work fine with you.

After installing Firefox if you want to import passwords from other browser profiles then Firefox will automatically generate a master password even when you have not created it. If that is your case then close your Firefox application and try deleting its encryption keys, user names and passwords from previous Firefox into your profile. If this does not work then try troubleshooting through password manager.

Having master password is good while you are using confidential information like email and net banking. One should take proper care in looking out for private and confidential information. This password is more important as you bearer of your PC system should have access to it. No matter whatever you access and created profile on whatsoever websites it is your duty to stay protected. I would recommend you have a master password which may be beneficial to you.