Thread: Unable to watch youtube videos on Mozilla Firefox 4

Unable to watch youtube videos on Mozilla Firefox 4

Guys I have upgraded from the older version of the firefox to the latest version that has just got released and although I like all its new and interesting features I have found out that am unable to play the youtube videos using the same, now this was not happening with the 3.6 version of the browser, but it only started with this new version of the browser, so can someone suggest that what could be the problem and how would I do to get the videos running again.

re: Unable to watch youtube videos on Mozilla Firefox 4

Hey have you installed the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player or not, since while you have installed the new version of the browser so you might even require to get a new version of the Adobe Flash player as well installed onto your system to help running the videos easily. You can get the latest version of the flash player from the Adobe official sites and can look to download from there and can install the same easily, so it will help you to watch the videos easily.

Hey what I would want to know that are you unable to watch only the youtube videos or is it that you are unable to watch any videos of other format. If you are unable to watch any videos so what I think that there could be some kind of a problem with the new version of the Firefox Browser and that is why you are unable to see the same, so you must again download and install the same on your system. If you are unable to see only the youtube videos than you will have to update the flash player.

Dude I have updated the flash player and I am able to watch all the videos except the youtube videos that are there on the youtube sites, to make the matter more complicated I am even able to see the videos of the youtube that have been uploaded by someone else on their site now how is it possible so as to get the video to stream on the other website and when watching the same on the official youtube site the video doesn’t stream at all, please provide some suggestion.

Hey what you must do is that you should look to disable the hardware acceleration by going in the settings of the Adobe Flash Player and then see if you can get the videos to stream properly. Also since you are only getting the problem while steaming the videos from the youtube so you must take care to see that you haven’t kept the youtube as a block site in the settings of the Firefox browser, so make sure that have check this out before going for something else.

Re: Unable to watch youtube videos on Mozilla Firefox 4

Have you checked out streaming the youtube videos with some other browser whether it is streaming properly over there or not, if yes than the only solution would be that since the browser is new in the market it might be having some kind of a glitch in it that would be causing the videos not to get stream properly, my only advice would be to wait for sometime before catching up with this browser.