Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to install Google Chrome on Windows XP SP3

Technology & Internet

Old 23-03-2011

Unable to install Google Chrome on Windows XP SP3

Hi, I have Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my system. Recently I tried installing Google Chrome. But every time I try installing I get the following error message: "Google Chrome does not support your version of windows". I am using RC version of Windows XP SP3. But I feel I have this proper version of Windows as i don't find anything that i should download from Windows Update. What should I do so that I can also use Google Chrome and enjoy itís usefulness to the fullest.

Old 23-03-2011

Re: Unable to install Google Chrome on Windows XP SP3

Make sure that you are trying to install the Google Chrome from your administrator account. If still unable to download and install the file, then check if Google Chrome is permitted by your antivirus or any other application. Many a times it happens that some programs or processes conflicts with other application and hampers there functioning. Try to download it after disabling your firewall. Use some other browser like IE or Mozilla Firefox or Opera to download the setup file. Also check for virus in your system. Who knows may be some germs are creating problem while installation.
Old 23-03-2011

I have only one account in my system, Administrator, on which I am unable to install Google Chrome. I also checked for virus in my system several times by now, but unable to find any (Thank God!!). And I donít think any other software or application is in conflict with the Chrome or it would have shown while installation. I tried installing it many a times with just failure in the end, so now itís getting frustrating. Anyone with better suggestion? Please Help. It would be appreciated.
Old 23-03-2011

I suppose there is a problem with your Windows. As you mentioned that you not sure about whether you using the proper version, try getting latest Windows update from Microsoft Official site and always keep Automatic Windows Update option ON. Ensure you have all your required updates and drivers installed in your system. Donít forget to restart your system after the update. After restarting try downloading and installing the Google Chrome setup. If the installation is successful you will find the Chrome icon either on the desktop or in your start menu. Enjoy!!
Old 24-03-2011

Dude check for the version of Windows XP SP3 you are using. I suppose you are using the RC2 version of SP3. Unfortunately this is not supported by the Google Chrome. You need to get the original version of SP3, and not the RC or RC2. Uninstall the RC2 if you wish to use the Google Chrome and then do a Windows update. You will have official version of XP SP3 then. Though it will be a little messy to uninstall and reinstall the older version of SP3 but after that little effort you will be able to install Google Chrome in your system.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,