Thread: Lost all saved password after updating Mozilla Firefox 4

Lost all saved password after updating Mozilla Firefox 4

I updated my Mozilla Firefox to enjoy the new feature of the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, but landed up being disappointed. Previously I had saved few ids and password on the older version of Firefox so that I don’t forget my passwords. Now as I have updated my old Firefox to the latest version, Firefox 4, I have lost all those passwords. What should I do now to recover whose passwords as I don’t remember them all? And why the old data disappeared after this update?

Re: Lost all saved password after updating Mozilla Firefox

I am not completely sure but according to me your cookies were deleted by the update. Cookies usually store passwords and other information similar to log-ins. Unfortunate to say but you have to reenter the passwords again. We use the saved password feature so often that we completely forget our password when we need to login to the same website on another computer. So for precaution always keep a back-up or remember the passwords.

It's known that you can basically rewind your computer to an earlier date, if you made any restore check points and if you have not deleted those log files. I’m not 100% sure if this will work or not. But you can surely give it a try. Go to the Start menu of your system taskbar. Then Click on All Programs. Go to Accessories. Select System tools and click on System restore. There you can select the recovery date to which you want to roll back. Hope it does the trick for you. Good Luck.

You can also use a utility called “Firefox Password Recovery”. It is a smart and powerful utility to recover passwords to web sites saved in Firefox Web Browser. This tool can easily get you the list of all usernames and passwords saved in your Firefox Web Browser with only one button click!
    In addition, the Firefox Password Recovery also allows you to reset Firefox Master Password. It will prevent other users (if you share your system) from accessing your stored passwords and logging onto your online accounts and services.

Re: Lost all saved password after updating Mozilla Firefox 4

Mozilla Firefox, like many other popular browsers, includes a built-in functionality to save your password. We can locate your saved password by going through these simple instructions. First navigate to the Tools and then to Options. Then proceed toward security menu item. A compatible window will appear before your screen which will show up all your identities and related passwords. When you click on Show Password, your passwords for that particular site would be shown to you.