Thread: Unable to attach network files in Google Chrome

Unable to attach network files in Google Chrome

I am having a windows XP service pack 3 compatible Compaq Presario notebook; this is specified with Intel Dual core processor, along with AMD graphics card. I basically sue this system for internet access and sometimes for offline entertainment purpose, like by watching videos along with playing games. Though from last few days I am very busy with the internet for some of the study purpose, I installed Google chrome web browser in my notebook, though this is running fine with its functions and also with the features. There is only one problem that I am facing while I tried to attach nay file from the mapped network drive, by click on "Attach File" option on the subject line of Gmail account compose window. But not able to attach the file. though this problem does not happened with the other browser like Internet explorer and Mozilla Firefox. How to resolve this issue, any idea on this?

re: Unable to attach network files in Google Chrome

There is another process to attach a file from your network shared folder or drive, for that you need to apply the drag and drop process, this is a simple process for attach any type of file except nay software setup file, from the network shared file. Open the drive or folder, look for the file that you are willing to attach into the subject line, now drag the file into the area of below the 'Subject' line of the composed message. Few days back I was also encountered similar process, then I was also tried to attach the file with so many processes, but nothing was helped me. Then one of my friend suggest me to go through this process, I tried and simply attach the file into the subject panel.

Did you try to attach the file with the basic attachment process, I hope by this process you will be able to attach the file. this is another process for viewing or to attach the file for any folder or also form the network shared drive, open gmail setting option, now from the general tab click on “Switch to basic attach feature”, it will again load the windows and then in the same way click on attach and choose the desire file from your drive. I hope this will not give you any kind of problem. Try with this.

Check the setting of your gmail account, though the problem atht you mentioned in your post, if this not also not allowed you to attach any file in basic mode then as per my opinion the cause of the problem might be the email account setting along with also would like to ask you is this problem only occurred with the gmail account or with the other email accounts also? If this also happing with the other account also then this is surely issued for the browser itself.

I am also facing a similar kind of problem whenever I tried to attach any file from the system’s hard drive. After click on attach a file option, the browser freezes for few seconds, not able to close or minimize the browser. After that it stopped working, as shown in pop up error message. I encountered this problem first time in this morning while I was tried to send a mail by attach a file along with that, the browser simply freezes and stopped working. It again happen with me when I tried this second time. What should i do now to overcome from the problem?

Re: Unable to attach network files in Google Chrome

As per my opinion regarding this type of browser related problems, I would like to suggest you to disable or remove the applied or installed plug-ins or add-ons form the browser. Now check whether the problem still occurring or not. The problem might also be caused for the plug-ins. Try with this. But if you are still occurring in your system, then I simply like to recommend you to reload the browser, this could be help you somehow to resolve this issue.