Thread: Google chrome is not displaying the address in the address bar

Google chrome is not displaying the address in the address bar

Hello friends, I am facing some weird problem in the google chrome, the version of the google chrome that I am using is 10.0.648.127. the operating system that I am using is windows 7, in the previous version the address bar would show the content in it as when I was on the new tab when clicked on a particular link, but in this new version the problem is when I am trying to open a new link by clicking any of the hyperlink it opens in the new tab, but the thing is the content in the address bar is not been showed for some reason, so can any one of you can help me in this.

Re: Google chrome is not displaying the address in the address bar

Hello there, I just went through the problem that you have been facing, I just want to ask that is there any of the speed dial extension that is present in your computer, if it is present then this will be the main cause of the problem that you are facing, since this thing consist of a bug which is causing the problem for most of the users who are using google chrome, the only way to come out with this is not using the speed dial extension in the computer and see how does it works, but if you are so adamant in using it then you can go with the other browser that are present in the internet like firefox, internet explorer etc.

Hello there, I just went through your solution as I am also facing this kind of the problem and I tried the same, but the problem is not been ended by doing this, I think that this problem has nothing to do with the speed dial bug, the problem which I am facing is been happening with any kind of the extension that replace the default new tab pages. There are many users who report and say that they are facing this kind of the problems, according to me it’s the bug that is present in the latest version of the google chrome as it was not present in the previous version but it is in this.

Hello there, I am also facing this kind of the problem in the new installed browser of mine, I have updated my browser to google chrome v.10.0.648.127, and when I try to open the pages in the new tab with the help of the speed dial extension, it do not display the URL in the ominbox. The problem according to me consisting opening the top level or the midlevel domains that are present , and in the other case it opens in the about blank option in it. I always have to copy the link if it is present to the new tab, and if it not present then I am helpless in that situation with google chrome, so I have to us some other browser for the same.

Hello there, since all of you are facing the problem which is somehow related to each other and in the end the problem that we are facing is almost the same, but in different forms. So one can do this in one way only. The problem that we all are facing can be showed to the google chrome people by doing an post of the problem that we all are facing, once you have done that then you can post that in code.google.com, once you have done then all the problem that you we all are facing will be solved by the technician of the google chrome people.