Thread: even in safe mode google chrome is not working

even in safe mode google chrome is not working

Hello there, I have a certain issue in Google chrome, many times I have install and un install the whole browser, but it is not making my browser to run in the normal way, neither my browser is been opening or it is been showing in the task manager, I have tried all the possible version of the google chrome in my computer but it is not helping me in getting the browser to work normally. I have tried removing all the processes from the task manager but it was not helping, did the virus scan but my operating system which is windows xp do not have any of the virus present in it, so now how to overcome this problem.

Re: even in safe mode google chrome is not working

Hello there, did you seen that the updates which are present in the computer, was the problem happening before you had done the updates in the computer, this may happen when the updates were not been properly present or if any of the updates which were recently done was not in the compatible mode or it may be blocking the normal running of the google chrome, as you said that the internet explorer is working properly but only the google chrome if facing the issue in the Xp. So try to roll back the updates that you have done and check if the problem is still present or not.

Hello there, I tried some of the solution in the windows xp, I even tried deleting the folder and the files from the main folders of the google chrome, when I did it, I thought it should show some kind of the error in the browser, but it was not happening and hence I was failed to overcome the solution for the same. I thought re installing the windows xp, and to check the error that are present in it, and if there is any of the problem then it will be replaced, but that is also not helping me in getting that, so right now I am still in the same problem.

Hello there, as I am also facing these kind of the problem, I tried something different from the other, the executable file which is been present in the desktop I have renamed it and tried opening it but it was not happening, the error that I was getting is that the file was not initialized properly, I have also seen that I ran the malware antivirus and all the virus removal in the system but the thing is I did not find any of the threats in the system, so now I am thinking to switch back to the other browser like Firefox as they are also one of the best competitor in the performance wise, so I think that will help me in that.

Hello there, the renaming of the executable file has been worked for me as I have done it in the different manner, it is some kind of the issue that has been present and the google are not aware of it, so I think someone must address the problem to them. I did the renaming the executable file after I removed or uninstall the whole thing from add or remove program, and after deleting all the remains in the form of files and folders in it. After this, I rename the whole set up file into another name and I execute it, and I was able to come out from that, so try to do that and see what happens.

Hello there, finally the solution for the problem which was present for many time, now has been removed and it is done by this way; a search were done to see which of the files were created in the certain time span, as they provided a lot of file and folders in that time, I found out that there was a file which was little suspicious, once I found out then I changed that into the text file and I was able to open the google chrome, the file which was creating the problem is C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidahelp.dll , so just convert it in to a text file and see, hope you enjoy browsing