Thread: Display driver R300 stops responding and screen goes black while playing videos on YouTube

Display driver R300 stops responding and screen goes black while playing videos on YouTube

Hello there, I am facing the problem in the Google chrome 9.0.597.98, the operating system that I am using is windows vista home basic 32 bit service pack 2, all the thing is been working fine but only the YouTube video is not been playing in the Google chrome , the problem occurs when I tried to play any of the video in the youtube, it should normally work in few second but in my case it take around 15 seconds and after that it just make my screen goes black, after the screen coming back to the forum it shows the message that the R300 driver is been stopped and it is been recovered from it, I don’t know that how to come out from this , so please help me in this.

Re: Display driver R300 stops responding and screen goes black while playing videos on YouTube

Hello there, I just tried to find out the solution as I was also facing this kind of the problem in the previous version of the Google chrome, I tried looking in the youtube website, for the solution of the problem and I found out with lots of investigation in that, as you are aware that there is a option of hardware acceleration in it, in that you have to uncheck the box which consist of the hardware acceleration type and try to see that if the problem is been eliminated or not. If the problem is not been gone then try using any of the other option that is present in the internet.

Re: Display driver R300 stops responding and screen goes black while playing videos on YouTube

Hello there, did you tried disabling all the default and the other Add-on that are present in the browser, it may happen that you must have selected a particular new add-on that are present in the internet, and it must have not tested properly for the compatible issue, so try disabling all the add-on that are present in the browser, to see that if the add-on is really creating the problem or not, do the following thing, disable the add-on that are present. Now one by one enable the add-on that are present and check if the problem is been present or not, if the problem persist then keep the add-on that you are checking, if the problem do not occur in any of the add-on then remove that add-on only.

Hi, the solution that you have mentioned here my friend is not helping me in any of the cases, I have a similar kind of problem but not the whole thing that you are facing is been faced by me, in my case I think the video driver is the problem, whenever I go on any of the video it start with the advertisement, once this thing is been completed it just spoil the view in the screen by changing the orientation of it. Also when the buffering of the advertisement reaches to a certain level of the buffering an message comes up and it just crashes the banner, the thing I have also noticed is that when I try to move the mouse on any of the button in the interface of the youtube site, like for example the comment button, it show the color which is different from the other user which I have noticed. And it just crashes; I don’t know what it is.

Hello there, I have seen this kind of the problem in the past and it was a big process that I had done to overcome the problem which I was facing, I just did the updating of the driver from the genuine source and it took me around four driver which had to be updated from the site, once when I had done that I had been told that the driver which were updated and which were scanned for some of the error must be purchased online or from any other source, at that particular time I had no options and I tried doing that, and guess what it helped me in removing the error which I was facing. So just try doing that and check that if it is working for you.

Hey guys thanks a lot, I was able to come out from this kind of the problem with the help of you people, I had noticed that the hardware acceleration problem that was present in the video displayer was the main culprit which were giving the problem, also I had mentioned this kind of the problem to the Adobe people to see that this kind of the bug which is present in their player must be eliminated, and I got a mail from their side saying that the error which was notified by me will be removed as soon as possible. So thank you guys for all your supports and help.