Thread: Why does Google Chrome crashes while opening

Why does Google Chrome crashes while opening

I started using Google Chrome few months back and it worked fine till few days back. Now when I start up chrome, it pops up on the screen for a few second and immediately crashes. No errors, no messages are displayed after the sudden shutdown of Google Chrome. The process even gets deleted from the process list. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it, but all in vain. Please Help.

Re: Why does Google Chrome crashes while opening

Check whether this problem occurs only with your Google Chrome or other browsers? If it is only with the Chrome then try to download and install the latest version of Google Chrome. Google Chrome does not work properly if there is malware or virus on the computer. So it is better that you first check for Malware or virus in your system. You can also try running the browsers without add-ons, or check whether it works properly in Safe Mode.

If it is only Chrome which is crashing, then you probably have some weird configuration or some other process/program on your machine is interfering with Google Chrome’s processes. Find out which application is not compatible with your Google Chrome. Unfortunately if some sort of conflict arises between Google chrome and the other application, you have to choose between which one is more important and remove the other. And if all your browsers are collapsing instead of starting then most probably your Windows has got corrupted. If possible try reinstalling it.

I'm not an expert on Windows but not a single suggestion has worked for me. I have done them all. I don’t have any such issues with any other browsers. My Windows XP is also working fine. I have tried doing all those suggestion. Uninstalling, reinstalling, Safe Mode multiple times but the problem still remains. I am going mad from all the time I've wasted into this. Someone with any better suggestions..? PLEASE help!!!!!

I also had the same problem few days back but it got solved after I did some manipulation. Go to your C drive (in my case it is C drive or where u normally install all your application) then go to the following path; C:\Documents and Settings\Eber\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data where Eber is my windows user name. I deleted this file called local state. This did worked for me. Now I am able to open Google Chrome with no trouble and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I hope this trick works for you too.