Thread: Unable to save bookmark in opera 11

Unable to save bookmark in opera 11

I am making use of the Opera 11 web browser on my computer. And I am using this because it is giving me better speed than any other browser. At any time when I try to save the bookmark for any of the web page then it gives me the error message that says "Unable to save file. F:\MyFolder\bookmarks.adr Try again?" Then after sometimes opera remove all my bookmarks which I bring in this. Do you know any method to resolve this problem? This is very annoying, please help.

Re: Unable to save bookmark in opera 11

Some of the files in the browser is missing or damaged and that is the reason because of that you are getting these issues. The best way to resolve this problem is to uninstall the opera from your computer and reinstall. This will create all new files for it. You must download a new copy of it, and install it from the installation file you just downloaded. There is more chance that this will solve the problem for you. This is one of the best possible solutions that can be applied in such conditions.

Have you connected the external hard drive in your system? If that is the case, then it will not be able to save the bookmarks.adr. Regarding this I think that you should remove the external drive while it is plugged into the computer and then attempt to save the file to your hard drive and it should not show the problem with this. In my case the path to the bookmark file is> local computer program> disk files> default> Opera bookmarks.adr>

See, if you have administrator rights to the account. If you have limited account then you may also receive the case of this nature. So log on as administrator or ask your administrator to give the administrator privilege and after that try to login the system and favorite sites. If this is due to limited rights, then this time should show the points. I hope this solves the problem for you.

There is one more way through which you will be able to fix this matter in this you have to follow the steps which is given over here;
    • In this first you have to open the opera.
    • After that you just go to the Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.
    • And blow the tab you will be able to get few icons in this. So you just click on to the “File” icon. In that you have to select “Export as HTML.” Actually when you will select this then it will make you able to open your bookmarks in other browsers.
    • In the dialog window that appears, choose the location where you want to save the file. Click “Save.”
    • And after that in to the dialog box it will appears. And then you just choose the location where you want to save the file and after that click on to the save. So this is what I know about it and I am sure on this that this will going to help you in your case.