Thread: Why torrent speed is gradually decreasing after few minutes?

Why torrent speed is gradually decreasing after few minutes?

Hi all, I am having the AirTel plan which gives me 4 mbps up to 30 GB. I do not make use of high download. And around one month has passed after taking this plan. Currently I am fang a difficulty in that whenever I download with the help of torrent then I notice that the downloading starts very fast and it is around 500 KBPS and upper. But slowly within 20 mins it lower down to 25-30 KB/second. Now If I close the torrent and attempt to download then it gives me the same result again. Can you guess that what can be the reason for this behavior and can this be avoided? Thank you.

Re: Why torrent speed is gradually decreasing after few minutes?

There may be some problem with the router which you are recently making use of. So to see the configuration of your router. Check for settings that can affect download speed. If there is any then you just change it and see that whether this change is able to fix this query or not? If they are unable to obtain such settings, then you can try to configure the router again and reset all the settings for that. If this is due to misconfigured router then this can solve the problem encountered during downloading from the Internet.

I think over here that you are making use of the wireless modem. And if that is true, then there is kid of possibilities that some other person Is also making use of the same internet without your acquaintance. If that is true then consumed the bandwidth you're using and, as a result of Internet speed will be reduced. So make sure that if you are making use of encryption in utorrent or not. Duplicate similar for a large file via HTTP / FTP download to see if they contain similar difficulty there.

Hey guys I just want to thank you guys just for the replies which you guys have given in a so short period of time. Over here I want to tell you guys that the speed is decreasing with the time and in this if I start this again so it pick up the speed but after the some interval of time it again lows down.So I think it's not happening for the reason that someone is using the same bandwidth. Also, if I download a HTTP download so at that time I have a constant speed of about 450 to 600 kbps KNPS. So related to this if you guys have any suggestion so please help me.

I think it is happening because of there has been some kind of setting changes has been taken place. So first you just check this. And also you confirm this is this happening after installing any software. So whatever I am telling you over here you just go for this and after that you just check this whether this issue get eliminated or not. And regarding to this I am also trying to get the more efficient solution for this query.