Thread: YouTube not accessible on BSNL Broadband ?

YouTube not accessible on BSNL Broadband ?

Hello friends I am making use of the BSNL broadband connection from last few months and already I have started getting some kind of a problem accessing some of the sites. Yesterday when I was using the connection to access the youtube I found that I was unable to do so. Whenever I was trying to access the youtube url I was getting a error as "The site you have chosen has been categorized as: Criminal Skills Contact your Internet administrator if you require access to this site”. Now previously I was not getting such error so can someone help me to know that from where is the fault arising and what should I do to overcome it.

Re: YouTube not accessible on BSNL Broadband ?

Hey first of all I would want to know that are you getting the error only while accessing the youtube website or is it that you are getting the error from accessing some other site as well. If you haven’t tried it out I should say that first check out some other sites as well including some video steaming site and then see if you are able to open that or not. If not then there is a problem with the internet connection and you will have to contact the ISP of yours since only eh will able to clarify it.

Dude check out the PING connection of the youtube from your system that is have you checked out that are you getting the packets received from the server of not. Do this you will have to click on start menu and go to run and from there type cmd. Once you do this and press OK you will get a black screen where you have to ping youtube and press enter. After that if you get the sending and the receiving of the packets perfectly than there is no such problem, but if not than there is some problem with the youtube server not responding you.

Which browser are you making use of, if you are using the Internet Explorer than check to see whether or not you have unknowingly blocked that youtube site from accessing through your IP. Since there is a possibility that someone might have purposely blocked that site and that is why you are not able to get access to the website. So check this out first and then see if you find some thing blocked as such and on finding make the desired changes.

Guys I had contacted the BSNL service provider and they told that everything is perfect from their side, I have tried to Ping and I was able to successfully send and receive the packets from the same. But then also when I try accessing the youtube I find that I am unable to do so perfectly. And yes this kind of error comes only while accessing youtube, it does not generate while accessing any other site, I have checked the internet explorer settings as well but I didn’t find anything blocked as such so can someone help me to solve this problem.

If you are unable to connect to the youtube than you will have to check the settings of your antivirus/anti-adware/anti-spyware program that you might be running on your system. Check to see if you haven’t blocked access to any sites as such, since the error that you have generated is related to some kind of a security error than it is possible that to avoid access to some untrusted source your antivirus program is not allowing you to access the same.

smithon56 Guest

i also have the same problem when i had new connection then i have changed all the settings in my pc then it got worked for me