Thread: Not able to access FTP sites in windows 7

Not able to access FTP sites in windows 7

I am not able to access the FTP sites, like filezilla from internet explorer web browser in my windows 7 system. with the filezilla I am not able to access the desired folder, if I tried to access this it flashes a error message that the “windows cannot access this folder, be sure that you entered the correct folder name”. why this is happening, any idea on this problem?

Re: Not able to access FTP sites in windows 7

Check the firewall setting of your system, whether this is windows default or any third party program. though in some of the cases I found that the site access permission is allowed by firewall option of nay security program. so check the permission under that, if you found any such type of problem then change the setting of the firewall and then now try to access the file transfer protocol site.

As per my opinion the problem that you mentioned in your post, is might also be occurring for the internet explorer web browser, for that I would like to recommend you to reset the browser, one of my friend was also facing relevant issue, after that when he searched manually for this problem in different web sites, he found that the problem might also occurred for the browser, and maximum sites the reset is considered as the recommended for these types of problem. So I also like to recommend you to reset the browser from tool>>advanced>>reset. I hope this process will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

I am also facing a problem in my windows 7 system regarding to access any web site, after recently upgrade the system from windows xp to 7. I am using the internet explorer and Google chrome, but in both of the browser no web site opened. It always appeared a error message regarding the web site access that the web site is blocked by windows, I tried to check under firewall, but found nothing. Why this is occurring, any idea on this issue?

According to me, I think this is occurring for the browser setting. Did you checked the web site access under browser setting window, there was also a option to bloc or unblock any web site. If you found any web site under that is blocked then remove or unblock that site from there, I hope this process will might be help you.

After applying the above mentioned processes, if still the problem is arriving then I recommend you to reload the browser, and if you are not using the update version then download the latest version of the web browser from developer site and replace with the existing. Along with also after remove the existing one, delete the browser installed files or the internet files from your hard drive and then proceeds for the fresh installation. I think it will surely help you after perform this process to access any website.