Thread: Windows Live error "You already have different build flavor of Windows Live”

Windows Live error "You already have different build flavor of Windows Live”

well I am getting an issue when I am trying to install Windows Live Essential on the computer of mine. whenever I am trying to install the same it showing ‘Preparing to install’ and also it prompts with the following error message on the screen ‘You already have different build flavor of Windows Live’. I am totally clueless about this particular error message. Let me know if you are having any idea to fix the matter of mine.

re: Windows Live error "You already have different build flavor of Windows Live”

You have provided about the error message only there is not details about the system configuration of the computer of yours. Well let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours. Let me know if you have done any hardware and software changes on the computer of yours. There was any virus attack on the computer of yours I am suspecting that this particular thing is occurring due to Virus attack on the computer. Answer the above mentioned thing so that I can let you know about the further troubleshooting steps to fix the problem of yours. I am hoping that you will answer the questions as early as possible.

re: Windows Live error "You already have different build flavor of Windows Live”

Looking at the error message I am really suspecting that you have already installed any version of Windows Live Essential on the computer of your. I think you need to uninstall the same from the computer of yours. For that particular purpose you have to use the following instruction. You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel and simply click on the Uninstall a Program button. You have to search for the current version of Windows Live Essential which is installed on the computer and uninstall the same. Once you have uninstall the program you should attempt to install the Windows Live Essential on the computer of yours.

Many times I have seen that this particular problem happens when the user profile on the computer is corrupted due to some reason. Well the solution is very simple you need to create a new user account and see whether you are able to install the Windows Live Essential on the computer of yours. If you are able to do the same then I am sure that user profile on the computer of yours is corrupted. You need to use new user profile and transfer all the files and setting of the corrupted profile to the newly created user profile. You need to delete the user profile which has been corrupted. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the matter of yours.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting to install the Windows Live Essential in Safe mode if and only if there is no previous version of Windows Live Essential has been installed on the computer of yours. In order to boot into safe mode you need to restart the computer and start pressing F8 key from the keyboard. It will redirect to the Advanced boot option from when you need to select Safe mode using arrow keys of the computer and press enter after choosing the same. Once the computer is booted into safe mode you should try to install Windows Live Essential on the computer.

I was having the same problem which you are facing on the computer of yours. Well I have found that this particular problem was happening due to virus attack on the computer of mine. I have done virus scan using KIS 2011 and try to install the Windows Live Essential on the computer of mine. Hence I recommending that you should install a good antivirus program and perform a virus scan on the computer of yours.