Thread: File menu and Command bar missing in Windows Live Mail

File menu and Command bar missing in Windows Live Mail

Well I am having an issue with the Windows Live Mail which I have installed on the computer of mine. as the title suggest what I am going to ask over here. Whenever I am launching Windows Live Mail on the computer of mine I am unable to get the Typical Command Bar which provides the menu like File or Edit on it. Can anyone tell me how I can get that particular thing on the Windows Live Mail? Welcome for any suggestion and thanks a lot in advance.

Re: File menu and Command bar missing in Windows Live Mail

I don’t know why this particular problem is happening on the computer of yours. I want to know from when you are facing this particular problem with the Windows Live Mail? Can you tell me entire hardware as well as software configuration of yours computer? Also tell me whether you have done any recent changes on the computer in terms of software or hardware? Let me know the answers so that I can help you to troubleshoot the problem which you are facing with the Windows Live Mail of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided in the post of yours. I am assuming that it is very easy to get the requirement of yours.
    • You have to press Alt and M simultaneously so that it can toggle Menu bar of the Windows Live Mail on the screen.
    • In order to get File menu you have to press Alt and F key together of the keyboard to get the same.

I am hoping that it will help you to meet the requirement of yours.

I don’t know what may be the root cause of the problem but I can let you know something which you can use to get the requirement of yours.
    1. You need to launch the Windows Live Mail if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    2. Now have look on the Toolbar of the Windows Live Mail and go to the Adjacent of ‘?’ and upper right side where you will see a small square on which a down arrow is displayed on the screen.
    3. You have to click on the Down Arrow and choose Show Menu bar.
    4. You will be able to see the menu bar until and unless you have selected the ‘Hide Menu Bar’

I am suspecting that this particular issue being happening due to the corruption of Windows Live Mail which you have installed on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start menu and go for Control Panel and go for Program Feature.
    • Now double click on the Windows Live Essential and uninstall the same.
    • Now reboot the computer and go for C:\Program Files\Windows Live folder and delete the same from the computer of yours.
    • Finally you have to download Windows Live 2009 and install the same on the computer of yours.

It is great to see that there are various solutions are provided by the users of this particular forum on this thread. I want to know whether any of solution which is provided helps you or not. if none of solution helped you then only one option is remaining that you need to contact Microsoft Support Team to get the further assistance. You can contact them through online and they will let you know about the possible troubleshooting steps to fix the matter of yours.