Thread: How to import WAB file in Windows Live Mail?

How to import WAB file in Windows Live Mail?

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine so I am having Windows Live mail. I am looking for importing address book from the Microsoft Outlook Express to the Windows Live Mail. I have figured out that . wab file. Well I want to import that particular file to .wab file. Any help to do the same would be highly appreciated. Please reply on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to import WAB file in Windows Live Mail?

I am having a particular solution to meet the requirement of yours. Well you need to launch the Windows Live Mail if it is already closed on the computer of yours. Now you need to open the Contact list in the Windows Live Mail and simply hit Alt key from the keyboard which will bring the Menu bar on the screen. You have to go for File menu and simply go for Import Windows Address Book that is .wab file. I am hoping that above mentioned thing would be useful to you.

You can apply the following steps in order to import the Address Book Contacts from the any other Address Book formats.
    • You have to launch the Windows Live Mail and go for Address book in which you need to go for Import from the File menu and simply click on the Other Address Book.
    • Simply click on the Address book or file type which you are looking to import and click on the Import button. In case your Address book is not listed then you can export the same in to .csv file or LDIF file format and then import the same by utilizing the file type.

Well I let you know that Outlook Express is unable to import wab file. However Outlook Express can easily export the csv file or pab file which can be easily imported by the Outlook Express. If you are having only wab file then do not worry because you can import the wab file to the outlook Express by simply using the built in contact folder of the Windows 7 which you have installed on the computer of yours. You need to open the Contact folder and click on the Import button where you will have the option to import the wab file by simply selecting the format Windows Address Book File.

I am providing particular steps which you can use to import the wab file to the Thunderbird.
    1. You need to check whether Outlook Express is installed on the computer or not. if it is installed then you need to launch Thunderbird. It will launch the import wizard of if you have open the program very first time and it will launch the import wizard automatically. In case Import Wizard is not opened then you have to click on the Tools and go for Import.
    2. You have to choose the Address Book and click on the Next.
    3. Now choose the Outlook Express and click on the Next button. The import contact would display in the New Address Book of the Thunderbird.
    4. In order to view the same you have to click on the Address Book of the Thunderbird.

You can use the following instruction when you are wanted to Export wab file.

1. You have to open the Windows Address Book file if you are not having Outlook Express installed on the computer of yours.
    2. You need to change the File format so that Thunderbird can detect the same.
    3. You have to click on the File menu and click on the Export and simply go for Other Address Book.
    4. Now choose the Text file and click on the Export and enter the name you are looking to save the file and click on the Browse and choose the location where you wanted to save the Address book and click on the Save and click on the Next button.
    5. Finally you have to click on the Checkbox in order to choose the desired information to export and click on the Finish button.
    6. Launch the Thunderbird and click on the Tools and click on the Import button and choose Address Book and click on the Next.
    7. You have to click on the Text file and click on the Next button.
    8. Now search for the saved wab file and click on the Open button. You need to click on the Checkbox to choose in order to choose the information which you are looking to import.