Thread: Internet Explorer 9: Meaning of "file isn't commonly downloaded"

Internet Explorer 9: Meaning of "file isn't commonly downloaded"

I have installed Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of mine. I have also installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. Well I am having a particular query and I want to discuss with all the users of this particular forums. Well I want to know that meaning of the message file isn't commonly downloaded. Any idea regarding the query which I have posted over here would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Internet Explorer 9: Meaning of "file isn't commonly downloaded"

Whenever you are downloading any program from the internet Smartscreen Filter will check for th program against in the list of the program which is downloaded by the large number of Internet Explorer users and the list in which all the unsafe programs are listed. If program which you are downloading is not available in the both of the list then it will prompt a warning message the file isn't "commonly downloaded. It really don’t mean that particular program is malware or something like that. However I recommend that you should not download the program if you are not sure about the publisher.

I let you know that SmartScreen filter is being used to check the files whenever you downloading the files from the internet with the list of the malicious software or the program which are considered as totally unsafe. If it finds something like that then it will simply prompt that particular download has been blocked for the safety of your computer. I am hoping that this particular information will help you to know more about the situation.

In order to turn or turn off Smartfilter you have to use the following instruction.

1. You have to launch the internet Explorer if it is already closed.
    2. Now you have to click on the Safety button and go for Smartscreen filter and simply click on the Turn Off SmartScreen Filter or Turn On SmartScreen Filter.
    3. You have to click on the Ok button when Microsoft Smartscreen dialog box is prompted on the screen.

You can use the following instruction in order to set the website manually with the Smartscreen filter.
    • Start the browser if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    • Now browse for the website which you wanted to check.
    • You have to click on the Tool and button and go for Safety and simply click on the Check this Website.

I am hoping that it will help you to use the SmartScreen filtering on the computer of yours.