Thread: How to turn or off Smartscreen filtering in Internet Explorer 9?

How to turn or off Smartscreen filtering in Internet Explorer 9?

I was really excited about the releasing of Internet Explorer 9 from the Microsoft. I have downloaded internet Explorer 9 and installed the same on the computer of mine. I really love the look and feel of this particular browser which I have installed on the computer of mine. I want to know that how can I turn on or turn off Smart Screen filter on the browser of mine. Any suggestion to meet the requirement would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to turn or off Smartscreen filtering in Internet Explorer 9?

Looking at the situation which I have provided I am providing following instruction which you can use to turn on or turn off Smartscreen on the computer of yours.
    • You have to launch the browser if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    • Now click on the Safety button and go for SmartScreen Filter. Now you should either click on Turn Off SmartScreen Filter or Turn On SmartScreen Filter.
    • You have to click on the Ok button when Microsoft SmartScreen Filter is prompted on the screen.

Well I want to let you know that Smartscreen filter is a feature which is introduced in the internet explorer in order to detect the phishing website. I would like to say that it also helps you to preventing the downloading and installing the malicious program on the computer of yours. It simply checks the website which you are browsing against the dynamic lists of the phishing website. If it founds match between both then it will warn you and tell you that it has been blocked by the same.

When you found that any website is flagged by the smartscreen and but in fact it is not safe at all. In that situation you need to go for Warning page and simply click on Report this site as a safe site/ now click on the Move Information. You have to click on Report that this site does not contain threats link in order to go online to the Microsoft Feedback website and simply follow the instruction which is provided over there.

In order to manually check the website using Smartscreen filter you need to use the following steps.

• You have to start the Internet Explorer 9 if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    • You have to visits the website which you wanted to check.
    • Now click on the Tool from the Toolbar menu and click on the Safety and simply click on Check the website.