Thread: Mozilla Firefox SSL error

Mozilla Firefox SSL error

Friends, I have newly booted to the Mint OS on my system. But in this when I try to go to the iGoogle.com then in place of opening the page it shows me the error which I have given below.
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

Can't connect securely because the SSL protocol has been disabled.

(Error code: ssl_error_ssl_disabled)
    And in this after some time, I found that it was happening for all the websites on which SSL is required. Can you tell me that why like this is occurring with me in my system and how am I able to get out of this issue? Please help me.

Re: Mozilla Firefox SSL error

I think it is necessary to check the preferences and ensure that the SSL and TLS are enabled from there. If that is not activated, which allows to make and save changes. You may have deleted or can be disabled by some other application you use. Anyway, if you are disabled then you can and do save after trying to visit those places again. This time the problem should not get that. I wish that this will solve the problem for you. You can also check your proxy settings.

Confirm this if that is the trouble along with the specific profile. If that is along with some specific profile then you require to create the new profile. And also in this you have to tap the <Alt>+<F2> and after that you just go for the syntax which is given below I mean you have to type this.

firefox –ProfileManager
    After that, you have to make a new profile. Login with that profile and observe if you are receiving the same there also. If it is to only one account then you will not obtain the problem this time. This is the best think that you require to attempt in the conditions like this.

There may be one more thing which you can try. All you have to do is change the name of / home / /<username>/. Mozilla directory to a new name and save the file. Once you're done with this, then you can try to start Firefox again. I did the same when I had similar problem and it solves the problem for me, but the error message was something different. I hope this will do the same for you too. Good luck!

Like you said that you have installed Mint on the virtual machine. Whereas the virtual machine is a great tool is not ideal for all time 100%. Instead, you can boot the machine and the Live CD / DVD then try right to use the site again. If it works this time, then the difficulty is likely within the virtual machine configuration. You can also make sure that the MD5 checksum of the download of the Mint. There is a possibility that you are taking the bad copy of it.