Thread: AT&T allows Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users

AT&T allows Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users

The distinguishing feature of the Vreizon iPhone was that it had the ability for iPhones to act as a mobile hotspot for other devices. This helped the customers to use their iPhone's data connection to share internet with up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices such as your laptop or iPad. So now AT&T is planning to introduce the Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3. It's simply up to each individual carrier to decide to support it or not. AT&T did announce support for such a mobile hotspot for other smartphones as well which will be good for iOS 4.3 Users.

Re: AT&T allows Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users

It will be a very good move if they introduce the Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users. One report claimed that AT&T was just starting to offer this specifically but many iOS 4.3 beta users are reporting that the mobile wireless hotspot simply started working with their existing plans. This sort of transparent upgrade for existing customers would make sense as the fees for AT&T's mobile hotspot service are identical to the tethering plans. So it will be nice to have Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users.

It will be good if they allow the Wireless Mobile Hotspot for iOS 4.3 Users. But sometimes I hate that I pay for the 2GB of bandwidth already and I just cannot use that for tethering.And the device is capable and the throughput is the same. But that will help us to provide high-speed wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. So we can just surf anywhere with it.For me it will be nice to use the high-speed wireless Mobile Hotspot.

From this I see that the competition in market benefits everyone .It would be nice if this would be available without having to have a tethering contract, but I doubt that will happen. But sometimes for me it seems kind of pointless. It would be like instead of draining just your phone battery you can drain your laptop battery too. So I don’t see any more benefits in this. This will be fine for those who need a access to internet at public locations.

I am very happy with this. I have already set up my Mobile Hotspot on the AT&T the day iOS 4.3 beta 3 was released. And up to now everything is working fine. There are no issues at all with it. I can just surf the net anywhere I want. But I am not that much sure why this news is published now. I have been using this from past many weeks. And I would like to tell other users who are using iOS to set up the Wireless Mobile hotspot immediately.

According to me they just need to make this free. If they are providing the Wireless Mobile Hotspot without charging anything then you need I would go for it. Otherwise I will not spend on it. Not to target anyone but I feel that there are some who will get attracted to it. Those people can easily be convinced even though they are charging you some money. Also I feel that AT&T needs to give unlimited data to those who paid for it and have a contract for it.