Thread: Internet Explorer 9 64 bit:’ The exception breakpoint (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0xff5c87bb’

Internet Explorer 9 64 bit:’ The exception breakpoint (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0xff5c87bb’

I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. Recently I have installed Internet Explorer 9 64 bit on the computer of mine. I have found that browser is not working at all and it is prompting following error message on the screen it can be stated as ‘The exception breakpoint (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0xff5c87bb’ I have searched on the Google regarding this matter but I have not found anything. Any suggestion to fix the matter would be highly appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 64 bit:’ The exception breakpoint (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0xff5c87bb’

I am asking certain question to find out the root cause of the problem which you are facing. Let me know whether this particular problem is happening with Internet Explorer only or it happening with other browsers also. When error message is prompted at that moment are you able to continue the usage of the computer or not? Do you have any antivirus program on the computer? Finally let me know entire hardware and software configuration of your computer? Answer the above so that I can let you further troubleshooting steps to fix the matter of yours.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 64 bit:’ The exception breakpoint (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0xff5c87bb’

Well looking at the situation which you have provided you need to run your browser in to No Add-ons mode.
    • You have to click on the Start menu of your computer and go for All Programs and click on the Accessories.
    • Go for System Tools and click on the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
    Now see that your browser is having any issue when you are running without using any Add-ons.

I have seen that this a universal problem as far as Internet Explorer 9 is concerned. You should try t boot your computer in safe mode with networking and see whether it is working or not. you have to reboot your computer and start to press F8 from the keyboard of yours. You have to select Safe mode with networking in Advanced Boot Menu option using Arrow key. Once you have selected press enter. Once the computer is booted into safe mode see whether your browser is working or not.

I am suspecting that this particular problem is happening due to conflict between system process and Internet Explorer 9. I recommend that you should try to boot your computer Clean boot and see whether issue is persisting or not. if issue does not exist then you need to find out which service is causing the problem on the computer of yours. Once it is discovered you need to disable the same. After finishing the process you can return to the normal startup of your computer.

You told me that there was an issue after installing Internet Explorer 9 on the computer of mine. So I want to know whether there was any issue with the Internet Explorer 8 or not. if there was no issue then I highly recommend that you should install Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of yours. Also you cam bug report to the Microsoft which you are facing the problem on the computer of yours and wait till the updates is being released by the Microsoft.