Thread: Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9: how to get Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9: how to get Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

I have installed windows 7 on the computer of mine. I have installed Internet Explorer 9 RC on the computer of mine. I was able to see text whenever I hover the mouse on the Internet Explorer button on the taskbar. It is used to be large icons which shows the content which is associated with that particular tab. Let me know if I am able to get the icons back instead of using text lines. Any suggestion to fix the matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9: how to get Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

I let you know that this particular thing Taskbar Thumbnail Preview would only work when Windows Aero desktop effects is enabled on the computer of yours. So if you have disabled that particular thing then you will not be able to get Taskbar Thumbnail Preview on the computer of yours. You will not get thing like Taskbar thumbnails instead you will be able to get the list of all the windows opened in text details only.

I am providing a particular solution for this particular matter which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to click on the start button and go for Run and enter Regedit and press enter
    • Now browse for the following registry key in the registry editor.
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    • You have to right clikc on the Advanced and choose DWORD and name the new value as ‘ExtendedUIHoverTime’
    • Now choose the ‘ExtendedUIHoverTime’ and choose Modify.
    • You need to change 100 from default value of 400.
    • You have to click on Ok button after changing the same and reboot the computer of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am providing following instruction which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter GPEdit.msc and press enter from the keyboard.
    2. Now go for User Configuration and click on the Administrative Templates and select Start Menu and Taskbar.
    3. You have to search for the Turn off taskbar thumbnails and click on the Enabled button.
    4. Now click on the Ok button so that changes which you have done can take effect.
    5. Finally reboot the computer and see whether issue is persisting or not.

Looking at the matter which you have provided I am providing registry solution which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch registry editor on the computer of yours.
    • Now browse for the following registry key in the registry editor.
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • You right click on the empty space and click on the New and go for Dword.
    • You have to name as TaskbarNoThumbnail and double click the same. You have to put Type 1 and Click on Ok button.
    • You need to reboot the computer once this process is completed by you.

I recommend that you should go for the third party application program to meet the requirement of yours. Well I let you know that you can use 7 Taskbar Tweaker. You can use this particular tool to get the desired results. You can get this particular tool from the official website of the developer. You can download and installed the same on the computer of yours and use the same to tweak the taskbar accordingly.