Thread: internet explorer-9 has the default font as italics

internet explorer-9 has the default font as italics

Hello friends, I have an HP laptop having windows 7 present on it, the problem that I am facing is that the basic or the default font for the web page is always set to italics, this is very disturbing as they are not even changing and setting to the other fonts that are present in the browser, when I saw the font folder I seen that the font of times new roman and courier new is not present so I tried something on the internet and tried to install it, but it is not working only. Also it give a distorted view in the web page whenever I see any of the site in the browser, so can anyone of you help me in this thing.

Re: internet explorer-9 has the default font as italics

Hello there, I went through your problem and I found out that there must be some setting problem in the browser of yours which is not getting resolved, so we will try something to get this out from your browser, don one thing open your internet browser and click on the tools at the top of the window, then go on the internet option and then on the font which is present in the windows, there you will two font option, that is the first option is for webpage font and the second one is for the plain text font, just check what value is present in that. So once you have seen these values and if you see that if any one of them is italics then change the value that you want to keep for the display of the webpage.

Since the issue is not getting solve by doing the above thing, then we will try something different thing, for that do the following thing; In the internet browser, go on the tools, in that go on the internet option then in the general Tab, in the accessibility button. In this Find the following thing “Ignore font styles specified on web page”, now select the Times new roman as your default web font. Once you have done this then restart the web browser and see that the windows problem of font is been eliminated or not. If it does not then right click on the desktop and then go on the personalize and then go on the desktop theme, in that choose the windows classic windows aero.

This is the normal scenario that many of the people are facing now a days , I do not know why id the problem occurring , hence I tried something really weird in the computer, when I tried to display the content in other operating system it was displaying normal till I don’t boot the laptop, but when I do the same thing in the windows 7 it give the error, so do your work in the operating system other than windows 7 and then merge the work of your in the windows 7, this will remain till you do not boot your system, once you boot the system then the whole work will be corrupted again, so this is a way to overcome the problem, the solving of the issue according to me will be done in the next launch of the patch will be around three months.

Hello, I am glad that people are trying their level best to solve this issue, because of you people we are surviving in this technology world, I also tried something and I came up with this solution. For some weird thing hp laptop or any of the machines removes the two basic font style from the system I do not know for what but they do that, this thing is the basic thing for the displaying of the webpage in many of the system. So now to overcome this do the following thing, click on start from there click on type font and then press enter, once you have done that a new window will be opened, in that find for the font called as Arial, once you have found out that then double click on that, do the same thing for the font that you want to add in the list, then I went on the other system and seen that one of the font was not present and I tried to copy that link and tried to bring it on the page where I want to display the links, once I had done that , then all the problem that I was facing was not there.

Hey guys thanks for your replies and your time that you people had provided me, this thing really gave me sleepless nights as I was using this error in the job of mine and was providing negative impression on the colleagues of mine but I was not able to tell them what exactly the problem is, but now all the problem is been eliminated, so again thanks a lot, I am thinking to write an mail to the hp people about the problem and will try to tell them to find the solution for the same.