Thread: Internet Explorer 9 installation hangs at 15%

Internet Explorer 9 installation hangs at 15%

Hi all, Yesterday, I was trying to install the Internet Explorer 9 on my computer. When I click on the installer then it started to install the Internet Explorer 9 on my computer and the installation goes smoothly for 15 % but after that it hangs at that point. I waited for about 30 minutes but it was at the same point. I tried to install that many times but all the times it shows me the same result. ?I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can I solve the issue. If you know that how this can be resolved then please let me know about that. I will really appreciate each and every reply on this post.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 installation hangs at 15%

You have not mentioned that what is the operating system that you are having on your computer. Installation process may differ from the operating system that you are having on your computer and you might not be following the proper method to install that in your computer. Anyway, I am not very expert in all that but if you want then you can refer this link. This is for the Windows XP. They have mentioned about the way to install the Internet Explorer 9 on the computer. Just go through this and see if that is helpful to you.

I think that the installer that you are using is having some problem with that and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this but this is one of the most possible reasons for that. So my suggestion to you is to search for the installer in google and then download that once again. Now install that again with the newly downloaded setup. I hope that this time it will install it on your computer without any problem.

Many of the times I have seen that some of the application is not getting installed on the normal windows mode and if you want to install that then you will have to install that in safe mo9de. Just restart your computer and keep pressing the F8 key. When you do that then you will see a new screen that is having one of the options as the safe mode. Select that mode with the help of arrows from your keyboard and press enter key. This will start your computer in safe mode. Now install that in your computer. After you are done with the successful installation then again boot the computer and start it in normal windows mode. Now you are ready to use the internet explorer. Thank you!!!

This issue might also be because of the operating system that you are having on your computer. It may not be allowing the installation of the Internet explorer 9 on your computer. So if you want to check that then you can try to disable the antivirus that is installed in your computer and then install the Internet explorer 9. If the problem is because of the antivirus then this time you will not get that problem and installation will be completed without any problem.

There might be some problem with operating system that you are having on your computer. So if none of the above suggestion is helping you then you can move on to the repair of the system and see is that is helping you or not. Repairing the operating system will clean all the files that are corrupted in your system. After repairing that, again try to install that and see if this time it get installed properl;y or not.