Thread: Internet explorer-9 is giving error when installing in windows 7

Internet explorer-9 is giving error when installing in windows 7

Hello friends, I am facing the issue in installing the internet explorer-9 in my computer, recently I downloaded the setup file from the internet and I am trying to install it on the computer, the configuration of the computer is Intel core 2 Quad processor, 8 GB of ram and 500 GB hard disk, also the operating system that I am using is windows 7 home premium. Whenever I tried to install the internet explorer at the middle of the installing process, it would show a message that the installation has been stopped and to know about it go in the internet explorer troubleshooting. I do not know why this is happening can anyone help me in this.

Re: Internet explorer-9 is giving error when installing in windows 7

Hi there, I have seen this kind of the problem in my friends computer as is operating system is windows xp, the thing was when he was installing the product in the computer it was notified that one of the package was not been installed during the file installation, so because of that he had to install a new version of the internet explorer, so I think in your case also the main issue will be the same thing, some of the packages that is present in the installation product is not being installed in it. So try to get a fresh setup file so that it will not create any issue in it. Also it may happen that the previous installed version of the internet explorer was not been successfully un installed from the computer so because of that some of the file is not be deleted as they are deleted after you restart your computer.

Had you removed all the files and the folders that were present of the previous version, this may cause the compatibility issue while installing the latest version, if you have not then kindly follow the steps below that is been provided to you, click on start once you have done that type program and features in the search box, once you have done that then on the left column click on the View installed updates, once you have reached here, go on the search bar and type KB2028551, now uninstall hot fix for the Microsoft windows (kb2028551), once you have done this then do the same thing for the following thing KB2028560, KB2120976, KB2259539. Now restart the computer and see that all the files is been removed.

Hi friend, I have done those entire thing that you have told me to do till now, but it is showing me with the same error, also when I tried removing the update manually, it was not happening and also it was stating the same with the help of the message. Also, I tried to remove the updates from the command prompt, but it was giving the error that this type of update is not been present and when I checked the update history it is present there, now when I tried to download from the previous page the value that is present is already existing in it, I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me.

Since you are getting an error while un installing the update from the computer, try this thing when the error is been experienced to you; click on the start once you have done that then click on all program, then in that go to accessories, once you have done this then right click on the run, after this click on run as administrator, after you doing this click on the yes so that it will allow you to connect as a administrator. Once you have done this then type scannow. This will scan for the update that is present and will notify you about the status that is it present or not