Thread: getting Error 'installation can not complete' while installing IE9

getting Error 'installation can not complete' while installing IE9

I just installed the operating system Windows 7 on my desktop computer and then tried to install the Internet Explorer Beta version 9.While setup keep going it ask to download some extra file for the setup. Then I click to download the file it seems to be downloading but mean while it show me an error that ‘setup could not start’. Any idea to get rid of this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: getting Error 'installation can not complete' while installing IE9

Hello friend I have read your problem, you are getting error message while installing the IE beta 9. There could be much reason for the issue. I will tell you the various troubleshooting technique that you can use to solve your problem. First make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirement for IE beta 9. Second try to install another copy of the IE9 may this solve the issue. Insure that prerequisites are installed. You should also make sure that no other updates are pending and finally disable the antivirus while installation.

Hello friend you have not the complete file of Internet explorer beta 9 for the installation. So while downloading the required update may not be complete and you get the error message saying that setup could not start. So I will suggest you to download complete installation file of Internet explorer beta 9 that has the entire necessary file for the installation. You can download the complete setup from any torrent website. So look for the genuine internet explorer 9 for your computer again you are getting the problem then post on this forum.

Hello friend I have same problem. I am running Win7 64-bit. When I start the installation it get to ¼ step then it ask to go online and install the required update from the internet, and I come back to the Internet Explorer installation page and my internet explorer setup start again. I have tried to install each update required then also I am getting error saying that the update is not applicable for my system..Updates are seemed to be up to date. I have downloaded the update for the 64bit operating system. Any help please post on this forum. Thanks in the advance.

Hello friend, I would like to thank you for give your valuable time for me. I got the solution to this problem. I followed the instruction as you have mentioned on this forum. I disable my Mcfee Antivirus installed to my computer. Then I begin the installation of the internet explorer beta 9. It again ask for downloading the update from the internet and I clicked on to download it takes some to download then I return to installation of internet explorer and I could complete the installation of internet explorer beta 9. So I would like to thanks once again for your support.