Thread: Dragging of the internet explorer-9 is not happening from the title bar in window xp

Dragging of the internet explorer-9 is not happening from the title bar in window xp

Hello friends, I have a strange issue that is bothering me from a long time, I just installed the windows Xp in my computer, previously I had windows vista present in it. The problem that I am facing is I am not able to drag the windows which is on the desktop to any of the place, I tried changing some of the setting from the option that it present and also from the internal setting that were present , but it not providing me with any of the help. I am not a pro user regarding this topic, but I am sure that I have missed something which I am not able to get it, please help me in the same as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for the help you are providing.

Re: Dragging of the internet explorer-9 is not happening from the title bar in window xp

Hello there as you said that you have not tried everything, then try this one as you must have surely not done this thins in the previous attempts, the issue is mainly because of group policy that is present in your computer, did you tried updating the group policy in your system, this is required because some of the setting are not been done in it, so to overcome that you should update the policy of the same, or the setting in the other way that is currently not proper. Once you have done that then it is better that you restart the system and check each time you update it, because there are sometime various problem that are present which is not been encountered by you.

Re: Dragging of the internet explorer-9 is not happening from the title bar in window xp

Yes the group policy that is present in the windows operating system tend to be very tricky and also a big pain to maintain it. It is said that it is the set of rule that windows has been established on the user so that they do not create any of the problem by using it in the wrong way, they control the user account in such a way that they will provide you with the suggestion or way to how to do the thing that you are intended to do with the windows operating system present in it. The main issue is that when you update the group policy it sometime does not accept the request that you have made, so after updating also there may be the issue present ,but for some time only as they analyze the thing and provide you with the solution that you are in need of.

Now a days the internet explorer or any of the web browser that are present is always loaded with most of the add-on which act like a helper to the main system, in internet explorer there are many add-on that are present for each and every section of the system like security, download etc. so some time the add-on that are present also can create the problem that everyone are been facing. Just try the following thing and see if this thing works or not. Go on start in the desktop, then on all programs, then go on Accessories, then on System tools, then click internet explorer with no add-on option that is been provided there.

Hi there, I have gone through your problem, and it seems that you are in big trouble because you are not able to move the windows here and there, according to me all the three function that are present like the maximize, minimize and the close button must me working fine only this thing is been creating the problem for you, so did you tried doing a clean boot as it may also create the problem that you are facing. Click on start and then in the search field type msconfig press enter to start the search, after this click on continue on the user account control this is sometime prompted and sometime it is not. Once this phase is been passed then click on selective start up and un check the load start up item which are present there. Now click on service tab, in that check the column Hide all Microsoft services box that are present in it and then type disable all and press ok. Once this is done then restart the computer and check that if the problem still present or not.