Thread: Ctrl+shift+click combination not working in internet explorer 9

Ctrl+shift+click combination not working in internet explorer 9

Just wanted to inform you all that the above combination that I have specified here does not work in the internet explorer 9. It did not even used to work in the internet explorer 8 as well. As you all must know that this combination is used to open a new tab in any browser but this combination is not at all functional in this browser. Do you all have any idea why is that so? Every time I have to right click and select the open with new tab. So do you all have any idea why is this happening? If any of you all have any idea then do let me know about it.

Re: Ctrl+shift+click combination not working in internet explorer 9

Check whether you have the proper updates available for the operating system that you are using and i am sure that you will be able to get some solutions out of it. I think this type of problem does result with the improper updates and hence I am advising you to have a proper check of it. I think the main problem is due to the improper updates and if possible do scan your entire system with a good antivirus program and I am quite sure that it will help you in the process.

I think so this type of problem is not common and in your case it might be due to the presence of any add ons in your browser that is not allowing to work with the shortcuts. So that can also be a issue. One more thing that I would like to add here is that try using a good antivirus program in your system and if possible scan the entire system with it and see if there are any changes. These are the basic suggestions that I can give here right now. So do follow all the suggestions that I have listed here and do work on it.

One common solution that I would like to point out to you is of uninstalling the internet explorer 9 and then rebooting the system twice and then again installing the internet explorer 9 back to the system. just check if these changes does makes any improvement to the system. I am quite sure that you will be able to get some desired results out of it. So do try it and let me know if it works or not. In case if it is not working then do report in here and I will give you some alternate solutions for it.

Just to inform you all that I had tried all this methods. I have uninstalled the internet explorer 9 and then again installed it after several attempts of rebooting. Still it is giving the same problem. In some websites they are giving me a batch file to run in the system I have even tried it, running the system with the antivirus program also does not prove to be much effective. I have installed the latest updates KB2482017, KB976932, KB2479943 & KB2483614 as well. So now where I have gone wrong. Getting settled with the firefox is a better option it seems.