Thread: Recent pages button not visible in internet explorer 9

Recent pages button not visible in internet explorer 9

All the past versions of the internet explorer ha the recent pages button from where we can get an easy access to all the web pages that we had browsed earlier but recently I saw that this button is not present in the internet explorer 9. There are many complaints from the users saying that various beneficial features which were there earlier in the browser is not present in the latest version. Now such type of modifications should not have been done. Anyways is it possible to recover the hidden button from the browser? Anyone any idea?

Re: Recent pages button not visible in internet explorer 9

Yes, it is very sad that the recent history buttons are no longer available in the latest version of the internet explorer 9 browser. There is an alternative that you can try here. So what you have to do is there is a forward button and also the back button in every browser. So when you right click on it you would be able to see all the WebPages that you had browser. In the earlier versions of the browser there was a drop down list from which you would be able to access all the webpages that was there in the list.

I suppose you were using the release candidate version of the internet explorer 9. The full version of the internet explorer 9 has been just released. So check out the latest version of the internet explorer 9 and see if you are able to get the problem solved. There are many users who have complains regarding this matter and hence they have reported the problem to the Microsoft support. Lets see if they are making some changes in the browser or not.

Yes I completely agree with the above user there is a separate Internet Explorer Feedback Program Home webpage that is released by the Microsoft people so that they would be able to register the complain or give a feedback to them what they felt about the internet explorer 9 browser. So I would suggest you to report the problem and most probably they would be able to fix the problem in the next update. So do follow the suggestion that I have given here and let me know if that works or not.

Pressing the forward button and reloading 40+ pages backwards and forwards does not replace the recent history button. Is there a technical solution out there known?
    Too bad much that is useful keeps being removed from user customers.

If you want then you can just use the "Windows Classic" theme (without Aero) and after that you will get the missing button, just check the same out and then let me know if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by KWindow View Post
    Pressing the forward button and reloading 40+ pages backwards and forwards does not replace the recent history button. Is there a technical solution out there known?
    Too bad much that is useful keeps being removed from user customers.
    If you right click on the Back or Forward buttons that will bring up a list of recently viewed sites