Thread: Only text is visible when we place the cursor over the internet explorer 9 button

Only text is visible when we place the cursor over the internet explorer 9 button

I have the internet explorer 9 rc and whenever I have the multiple tabs opened in the internet explorer 9 I tend to get only the text information. On the contrary the earlier versions of the internet explorer 9 had the icons which also used to display the content of the page. Now we get to see only the textual information. Why is that so? There are many changes that are being introduced in the internet explorer 9 which is of no use. I wanted to bring it to the notice of everyone so that’s why I informed you all. Anyways if any of you have got an answer for my question then do respond early.

Re: Only text is visible when we place the cursor over the internet explorer 9 button

If you are a windows 7 user then you will have to enable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview. I think that’s the perfect solution for your problem and I am quite sure that it will help you in the process. One of my friend came to me with the same problem and I happened to suggest the same solution for him as well. It worked out with him. Well that’s not the change that is being introduced by the internet explorer 9 on contrary it is a feature of windows 7 that must be enabled.

Re: Only text is visible when we place the cursor over the internet explorer 9 button

Much appreciate that you have responded to my query. Well I have one thing to ask with you. What are the steps to carry on with the procedure. See I really appreciate that you have responded very early to my query but it would be great if you can respond to my this query as well. Since I do not have enough knowledge on how to activate the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in my system. so do respond early I am waiting for your response.

Let me help you with these. Now I am giving you some steps below do follow it and if you have got some problem in any of the steps then do post me back here
    1) Go to the start button and from there type GPEdit.msc in the search box.
    2) Now hit enter, there you will get many folders, scroll down and go to the user configuration. Inside it select the Administrative Templates, under it select the Start Menu and Taskbar. On the right side of the window you will get different settings.
    3) Select the Turn off taskbar thumbnails in the settings pane and from there you will get two radio buttons. Select the enabled option.
    4) Now hit the ok button to confirm that all the changes are made effective.
    So do follow the steps and let me know if you are able to get some solution out of it.

Wow that’s great it really helped me out. Thanks for the quick reply that you all have given here and I would love to appreciate your efforts that you have taken for helping me in this issue. So thanks a lot for that. I did follow all your steps one by one and I had no problems following any step and the end result was good. I did get the icon back and all the contents of the page are visible through it. Now the problem is solved.