Thread: How to keep the Favorites, Feeds and History on the left side of Internet Explorer 9?

How to keep the Favorites, Feeds and History on the left side of Internet Explorer 9?

The favorites center icon has been placed to the right top corner of the internet explorer 9 and when e click on it all the three items Favorites, Feeds and History does gets dropped down and gets placed on the right side of the screen. Now one interesting that I found out here is that it has got the left pointing arrow which says to pin the favorite’s center. So on left clicking on it will move the entire favorite’s center to the left. I have done that and yes it moves to the left but only temporarily and when we navigate the page to the different section then again it gets back to the same position. So can you suggest me some permanent methods by which I would be able to move the favorite’s icon to the right side of the page.

Re: How to keep the Favorites, Feeds and History on the left side of Internet Explorer 9?

I have got one shortcut for you and that is Ctrl + Shift + L. Now with this option you would be able to move all the favorite icons to the left side of the page. There is no other feature by which you would be able to move the icons to the left side of the browser. The method that I have suggested here is also a temporary solution. You will have to repeat the shortcut every time you navigate to a new page. So this is what I have to say here. Hope you have liked the solution.

Re: How to keep the Favorites, Feeds and History on the left side of Internet Explorer 9?

I don’t understand your problem clearly. What exactly do you mean by navigating to the different page? If you are opening a new tab and typing a new url there then you will not get the same problem there the favorite icons will be there in the left side of the windows. If it is not happening and moving to the right hand side of the windows then there is some problem with the browser itself. So do reply to my query which I have posted here and then only I would be able to give some answer for your solution.

I mean when I move to the other page or whenever I close the browser and open it again then the favorite icon does appear on the right. It is so frustrating. So whenever I move the favorites icon to the left side and again when I come back it gets placed there back to the original position. So I hope you have understood my problem this time very well. So suggest me some permanent solution for the problem. So that I would be able to work on it. I am waiting for your suggestions.

As of now there is no permanent solution for this problem. So as of now you can try with the temporary solution that you are trying or the Ctrl + Shift + L option that is given above. So do try working on it as of now and wait till the Microsoft people bring out some fix for it. so this is what you can try now. I will try to look for some more solutions in the internet and as soon as I get some good solutions I will get back to you.

In such situation it is best to contact the Microsoft support regarding this problem. Do report your problem in front of them and ask for a immediate solution from them and I am sure that they will be able to give you some response in this matter. Since they are the best persons in this matter to answer your query. So do report the problem and ask for a good solution from them and if you get one. don’t forget to post in here, it will be beneficial for all of them.