Thread: When to trust a software publisher in Internet Explorer 9

When to trust a software publisher in Internet Explorer 9

Guys I would want to know that how will I be able to know that the publisher for a software that I have downloaded from the internet is from a trusted party. I was making use of the previous version of the Internet Explorer browser when I came to know after downloading the software that it was from an un trusted party and that it had caused some serious damage to my system as well since I installed it without even noticing it. So I would want to know that how will I be able to get to know that the software is from a trusted publisher using the Internet Explorer 9.

Re: When to trust a software publisher in Internet Explorer 9

Hey what I think that the Internet Explorer 9 has got some of the interesting features in it that helps us to recognize not just the un trusted software publisher but even the un trusted website as well. This internet Explorer 9 has been developed with some kind of a aim for providing ample amount of security to all the users of the internet so that all of them can enjoy safe and securable browsing from the internet and I believe that the browser will not allow you to access or download any content from the untrusted site so no point of recognizing it as well

Hey if you are trying to download the software using the Internet Explorer 9 than first of all make sure that it has got a valid digital signature. You can check the digital signature by clicking the publisher link in the Windows Internet Explorer 9 security dialog box that is displayed at the time when you download a file. Using this even if by mistakenly if you download some of the software from the in trusted website then you will be able to find out directly at the time of the downloading itself.

If you don’t know whether the name that has been given inside the publisher link is a valid publisher name than you will have to search the Internet to make certain that it is a widely recognized company or website, or that it's been suggested by someone you rely upon. There are some software that belongs to some kind of a publisher whom we might not have heard as of yet, so try avoiding this kind of software. All these things are necessary before downloading the software.

The easiest and the most appropriate way so as to get to know as if the software is from the trusted publisher or not is by searching for the information about the software likes its reviews and specification and various other things that can help us in knowing the feature of this kind of a software. Make sure you realize the purpose of the software. If you are not sure what the software is desired for than it is necessary to do a prior search about the functionalities of the same and then download it from the internet.

Hey guys I would want to know that how can a digital signature can help us in knowing whether the software publisher is trusted or not. I have been got many errors related to the Digital signature previously but most of the times I have avoided it, so can someone highlight some of the major points through which I will be able to know that is the digital signature of the software is valid or not.

The digital signature can help you in knowing whether the software have a existing certificate or not or is it a duplicate one. It even describes to make certain the certificate has not expired or have been revoked. If it does than possibilities are that the company or software publisher is either fraud or untrusted. The digital signature even help us to know whether the program has been defected with some sort of virus or not. If suppose there is a change in the program file then the digital signature will be invalid. To know this click the Security Status bar to the right of the Address bar to view the report that will show you who the publisher is, and whether the file is perfect or not to download.